Formuler or BuzzTV box for IPTV streaming?

I've found you do have to tread very carefully when discussing Formuler devices on here. Owners seem personally offended if anyone dares to criticise them and go off on one, which doesn't help members who are having issues.
Very constructive.

This is probably going to be blasphemy to many. Unpopular opinion, I prefer Tivimate to MyTVOnline. I was (am) a noob and I didn't know about Formuler and their bespoke app when I bought my Pro Max 11. The beauty of the box is performance, functionality and simplicity. I could factory reset my box and have it back up and running in under 5mins.
Very true can have them set back up in no time which is a good thing no long updates like firestick.
In what way do you prefer tvimate to mol3 if you don’t mind me asking.
I get there this probably a lot more you can do with TiVi then what you can formuler

Very true can have them set back up in no time which is a good thing no long updates like firestick.
In what way do you prefer tvimate to mol3 if you don’t mind me asking.
I get there this probably a lot more you can do with TiVi then what you can formuler
2 main reasons why I prefer Tivimate
  • I like the way the TV Guide comes up in grid view by default on Tivimate. Have to press 2/3 buttons in MyTVOnline to get it to display like this. This is my preferred way to browse what is on in each channel group/boquet.
  • In MyTVOnline, to get to the menu option to choose between TV, Movies (VOD) and TV (VOD), you need to press the menu button on the Formuler remote. I use my LG Magic Remote and this is no comparable button. If I use TiviMate, then the "back" button on LG remote gives me the functionality I need to control everything.

2 main reasons why I prefer Tivimate
  • I like the way the TV Guide comes up in grid view by default on Tivimate. Have to press 2/3 buttons in MyTVOnline to get it to display like this. This is my preferred way to browse what is on in each channel group/boquet.
  • In MyTVOnline, to get to the menu option to choose between TV, Movies (VOD) and TV (VOD), you need to press the menu button on the Formuler remote. I use my LG Magic Remote and this is no comparable button. If I use TiviMate, then the "back" button on LG remote gives me the functionality I need to control everything.
Yeah that is a downside to formuler having to press the menu button I’m not too sure but I think you could program certain buttons on formuler remote but if you use a different remote then no good to you lol.
I think you can change epg layout also but then again I haven’t messed with box.
I may have to grab tvimate and have a look that’s one app I’ve never used or tested out.

Although I don't like the layout of rivimate with multiple subs. That is a feature that needs a bit of improvement

No point buying a formuler if you aren't planning on using mytvonline
I've had to factory reset mine a few times but I got mine in the early stages of it coming out and was buggy
The main selling point for me for iptv is, all suppliers will support mytvonline3 through the config method because it doesn't need a url. Not alot of quality servers will give out server details to use tivimate.

I've had to factory reset mine a few times but I got mine in the early stages of it coming out and was buggy
The main selling point for me for iptv is, all suppliers will support mytvonline3 through the config method because it doesn't need a url. Not alot of quality servers will give out server details to use tivimate.
Most servers can be found so so easily one you got a line with them... Own app, whatever

THIS^that is the big selling point of formuler the app and its integraton with the remote.

Most servers can be found so so easily one you got a line with them... Own app, whatever
Not saying its not, but they also don't want the average user to have a url. It's better practice for server protection to embed the url as best as you can

Not saying its not, but they also don't want the average user to have a url. It's better practice for server protection to embed the url as best as you can
Not the end user who would be the issue tho... Unless the end user is the person you don't want to get the url, who will get it anyway. So pretty futile

Not the end user who would be the issue tho... Unless the end user is the person you don't want to get the url, who will get it anyway. So pretty futile
Sky agents are an end user so it's not futile. So if you hide the url and don't allow external players as @mike123 you minimise your chances of getting shut down

Reactions: m4u
I have tried myonlinetv2 and get the same issues yet my other cheaper not Formuler box has no such issues and both are connected via ethernet and I only have one sub operating at any one time.
I have tried with a VPN which makes no difference and its nearly always on live TV football although the other day during football on C4 I also had buffering.
I also prefer the Tivimate and have had the premium sub long before I purchased the Z10
But I have also recently noticed the picture quality on the same channels is also sharper on the cheaper box so I still think there is some setting that I need to change.
Also buffer size change makes no difference

If the issues are predominantly during the streaming of live football then its almost certainly to do with your provider/sub.

VPN should fix if ISP issue. But if it works on different device better then seems like device issue. Might be worth clearing mytvonline and re-add subscription.

How often do formuler release devices? I assumed it was every year and that the Z12 would be around the corner as the Z11 is nearly a year old. But having read the comments, it seems that releasing the Z11 a year after the Z10 was out of the ordinary.

Back