Formuler or BuzzTV box for IPTV streaming?

How often do formuler release devices? I assumed it was every year and that the Z12 would be around the corner as the Z11 is nearly a year old. But having read the comments, it seems that releasing the Z11 a year after the Z10 was out of the ordinary.
They can release them quite early tbh as they know there is a market for them as more people move towards iptv

Yes I agree with bazz but if they update app to ver 4 almost certainly a new box.

I personally don't think the support from formuler Is that good for thete premium devices.

If you look at nivida they are still fully supporting 2017 versions with latest software.

I'm looking for a new box and I'm thinking either the Nvidia shield Pro or the formula z11 Pro max but I've also seen amiko gold that's just come out. which do you think would be best preferably Netflix support BBC iPlayer etc

It's simple really.

Sheild is still number one but some may say it's overkill and if you like a traditional remote not the box for you really.

Buzz/formuler boxes come with good specs with traditional remote control with there own dedicated app. You will still need to sideload quite a few apps as it runs on android mobile.

Amiko boxes lower spec may be considered budget boxes come with own app and again run on android mobile.

Personally I have never seen boxes as well packaged and made as buzz boxes the amiko gold dose look simular to formuler box.

Last edited:
Ami
It's simple really.

Sheild is still number one but some may say it's overkill and if you like a traditional remote not the box for you really.

Buzz/formuler boxes come with good specs with traditional remote control with there own dedicated app. You will still need to sideload quite a few apps as it runs on android mobile.

Amiko boxes lower spec may be considered budget boxes come with own app and again run on android mobile.

Personally I have never seen boxes as well packaged and made as buzz boxes the amiko gold dose look simular to formuler box.
Amiko bugget boxes 😂🤣 think not Mike

I'm looking for a new box and I'm thinking either the Nvidia shield Pro or the formula z11 Pro max but I've also seen amiko gold that's just come out. which do you think would be best preferably Netflix support BBC iPlayer etc

Shield would be better for likes of netflix. 👍 use your TV remote if you don't like shield remote.

That’s the only downside with buzz/formuler is that there not official android certified so the likes of Netflix ect will only be the mobile version,but on a different note most TVs come with Netflix iplayer prime tv so it all depends if you want everything on one box or don’t mind using your tv and saving on money.
Most things on Netflix certain shows from iplayer prime tv are available on vod/series on iptv subs so some wouldn’t bother with a Netflix account ect

Will Nvidia bring a new box out soon do you think?
Nor until other boxes catchup I shouldn't think it is still ahead of its completion and still selling well.

The thing to consider with nividia there support is excellent the 2017 version is still getting updates.

That’s the only downside with buzz/formuler is that there not official android certified so the likes of Netflix ect will only be the mobile version,but on a different note most TVs come with Netflix iplayer prime tv so it all depends if you want everything on one box or don’t mind using your tv and saving on money.
Most things on Netflix certain shows from iplayer prime tv are available on vod/series on iptv subs so some wouldn’t bother with a Netflix account ect
Yes but they are charging nearly the same price . You can get a sheild tv cheaper than both buzz and formulers latest offerings.

But at the end of the day it's what you like personally a firestickwill do the job for most of your viewing just don't add loads of apps

Thanks chaps. I think the shield Pro is there route I'm going to take. The missus likes Netflix BBC iPlayer etc so it will be earache if the new box doesn't have it. I've had a FS4K for a few years but it's become nearly unusable recently. The IPTV works fawlessly but navigation between apps etc are laggy as f*ck

Thanks chaps. I think the shield Pro is there route I'm going to take. The missus likes Netflix BBC iPlayer etc so it will be earache if the new box doesn't have it. I've had a FS4K for a few years but it's become nearly unusable recently. The IPTV works fawlessly but navigation between apps etc are laggy as f*ck
Wouldn't bother with pro unless you want usb storage or gaming just get tv version

Go
Go with the pro as it'll have better longevity.

Do you not think you need the additional RAM that comes with the pro?
That’s your choice some members are still using the shields from 2017 like most things the ram size depends on what you are going to be doing with the box ie gaming or just for iptv and on demand.
As for your fs becoming laggy is it upto date and got enough storage space remaining.

Yes but they are charging nearly the same price . You can get a sheild tv cheaper than both buzz and formulers latest offerings.

But at the end of the day it's what you like personally a firestickwill do the job for most of your viewing just don't add loads of apps
Is that 2nd hand or brand new?? I haven’t looked at shield prices since I got rid of both of mine.

Is that 2nd hand or brand new?? I haven’t looked at shield prices since I got rid of both of mine.

You can get the tube shield for £99 when it's on offer - it's a bit like the firestick in that anyone with any sense only buys one when they're on offer.

Back