Formuler z10 vs 4k firestick

dopeammo

I moved to iptv to save costs on TV packages about a month ago. So far its been close to perfect can't complain at all. Currently using a 4k firestick and tivimate.

I'm now tempted to take the next step and turn this into more of a usual tv set up. The Z10 box looks good, will give me more of a remote and their TV player also looks good.

Does anyone have one, they can advise the pros and cons to a firestick/tivimate set up? Any other boxes could look into?

I do notice with the firestick that the picture is a tad darker than TV would usually be. Not really a problem but noticeable. Would the formuler box play better

Thanks

The Z10 is a good choice but it has MyTvonline built it which is similar to Tivimate in a lot of ways even visually, as this is the built in IPTV app on the Z10 the remote works as it should with a lot more options than Tivimate with a firestick remote.

I have a sub to tivimate, so would lose out if I moved over. Although like you say its too clunky to use the firestick remote, the z10 remote would give more of a polished feel.

Would picture be the same on both or is the z10 brighter?

I have 2 firesticks, they work fine tbf, only issue I find is that the soon run out of memory if you install , too many apps. I also have a fireTV cube, which has more memory.

Most reviews say the formula boxes are good.

The remotes are better as you say.

IF you wanna pay top dollar, go for a Nvidia shield

I have 2 firesticks, they work fine tbf, only issue I find is that the soon run out of memory if you install , too many apps. I also have a fireTV cube, which has more memory.

Most reviews say the formula boxes are good.

The remotes are better as you say.

IF you wanna pay top dollar, go for a Nvidia shield
Shield is over kill just for iptv imo
I moved to iptv to save costs on TV packages about a month ago. So far its been close to perfect can't complain at all. Currently using a 4k firestick and tivimate.

I'm now tempted to take the next step and turn this into more of a usual tv set up. The Z10 box looks good, will give me more of a remote and their TV player also looks good.

Does anyone have one, they can advise the pros and cons to a firestick/tivimate set up? Any other boxes could look into?

I do notice with the firestick that the picture is a tad darker than TV would usually be. Not really a problem but noticeable. Would the formuler box play better

Thanks
i would look at the formuler cc the z10 has had a fair few bugs recently and the cc you can also plug a terristrial areal in and have the choice of user and password or mac and all formuler devices uses mol app.
The Z10 is a good choice but it has MyTvonline built it which is similar to Tivimate in a lot of ways even visually, as this is the built in IPTV app on the Z10 the remote works as it should with a lot more options than Tivimate with a firestick remote.
I would say more like implayer but I’ve never used tvimate so I can only compare on what I’ve used.

The 4k firestick is a good device but imo they work better via the ethanet adaptor sold seperatly and as been pointed out already the memory fills up quite quick you would get better pic quality on formuler but then again some people would change the tv settings to suit there needs.
Also if you moved over to formuler you wouldn’t loose out as you will have your username password and dns from your provider and you just enter those into mol app on formuler

you could install tivimate if you , really wanted to, but as @bazcfc1 said you can use myTVonline anyway with the same login details.
Yeah I get that, it's just the fact I've spend the cash upgrading tivimatenl to pro. Waste if I don't use it, will also lose out the cash for the firestick if I upgrade. I'm just looking to make it more of a standard set up than a clunky firestick but starting to think the ups of a formuler box aren't worth me wasting the money I've already spent.

Doesn't feel complete after getting rid of a virgin media box to a firestick, especially with the poor remote

Yeah I get that, it's just the fact I've spend the cash upgrading tivimatenl to pro. Waste if I don't use it, will also lose out the cash for the firestick if I upgrade. I'm just looking to make it more of a standard set up than a clunky firestick but starting to think the ups of a formuler box aren't worth me wasting the money I've already spent.

Doesn't feel complete after getting rid of a virgin media box to a firestick, especially with the poor remote
You could always ask your provider if he does multiroom and use the firestick in another room in your home then you won't have wasted money

Get a shield, if you don't like the shield remote you can control it with your TV remote.

I have a firecube and firesticks around the house and think they're great for the price but wouldn't have one on my main TV. Shield with tivimate Pro, hide all the gaming stuff off the homepage if you're not into gaming, runs TV versions of apps not android mobile ones like formuler.

All the boxes with built in apps can run Tivimate also if you wish to their a Android box :laughing:, i get the point been made that those type of boxes the Z10 included are not value for money in terms of spec and are pricey because of the built in app you would prefer not to use.

Anyway another cheaper box with a built in app and decent remote that's price is reasonably consistent with the spec of the box is the Amiko A9 range take a look at those.

All the boxes with built in apps can run Tivimate also if you wish to their a Android box :laughing:, i get the point been made that those type of boxes the Z10 included are not value for money in terms of spec and are pricey because of the built in app you would prefer not to use.

Anyway another cheaper box with a built in app and decent remote that's price is reasonably consistent with the spec of the box is the Amiko A9 range take a look at those.
Why would you buy a Z10 unless you want to rum mytvonline.

To be honest buy a firecube most suppliers may have a version of IMPLAYER you have instantly got a better box than a z10

You could always ask your provider if he does multiroom and use the firestick in another room in your home then you won't have wasted money
As long as you don't watch both at the same time , you can use the same details on multiple devices. (Assuming you only have one connection). You can have one device in the front room and one in the bedroom, for example.

Why would you buy a Z10 unless you want to rum mytvonline.

To be honest buy a firecube most suppliers may have a version of IMPLAYER you have instantly got a better box than a z10
As i said Mike you would not in the same way using a Sheild to watch IPTV alone is too expensive its like using a Golf R to drive 1 mile to work every morning you wouldn't.

So i offered an alternative in the Amiko A9

The cube at the standard price is worse value than a Z10 in my opinion

The OP wants a more TV like remote even the cube does not offer that the Amiko and the Z10 do.

As i said Mike you would not in the same way using a Sheild to watch IPTV alone is too expensive its like using a Golf R to drive 1 mile to work every morning you wouldn't.

So i offered an alternative in the Amiko A9

The cube at the standard price is worse value than a Z10 in my opinion

The OP wants a more TV like remote even the cube does not offer that the Amiko and the Z10 do.
Agree the amiko range are decent boxes I have an a6 in kids bedroom and a few lads I know have the a9 box and pretty solid.
Another alternative is the buzz tv range there remotes are just like tv remotes

Back