Freezing

Beats me as to why people pay good money for a bad service, if it has been bad for weeks, as some are saying it has, then ask for a refund, move on to another provider that works for you, simple thing to do, plus it does no harm to try a few tests, to find out for sure if the fault is with the provider after all , as it may not be.

I am also experiencing alot of freezing on channel 4 HD.... The other channels are fine. Itv hd freezes now and again but ch4 hd is regularly freezing.

I have tried a number of other providers and have encountered the same issue with varying degrees of severity.

Any ideas what I can do?
Virmin don’t give free channels apart from bbc 1 itv1 ch4 ch5 no hd for free
yes you can use freeview or freesat channels available subscription free (y):smiley::smiley::smiley:
these do

I think I may have the same provider, says issue is with ecm being high, or can't do anything until config file gets updated. or rebooting server. Works fine for a few days, stutters in the evenings. Keeps saying no one else will provide same level of support as him. Getting fed up with it to be honest. I won't be renewing.
Yeah, most channels work perfectly but there are the odd few that freeze. Most of them I don't mind except for ch4 hd which i watch alot. Odd that this freezes whilst others don't... I don't know why this would be the case as I don't understand the mechanics of this technology enough.

I will try tests with different providers to see if I can find one that can provide a freeze free channel 4 HD service.

Ch4HD works well on sat, just seems to be cable that has problems, all you need to do is move the channel onto your cable bouquet and then replace it with the one that does not work, you should have a look at Dsayers Custom Mix thread, I dont use it myself but there are plenty on here who do.

Yes I understand that it’s straight forward but wouldn’t mind combining the two as mentioned above

Anyone using a good provider currently? that hasn't experienced problems with high ecm's etc. Please PM me. If I ask on the other main thread I will get lots of responses offering test lines. I'll test for 24 hours with no problems then its a different story. I'm looking to renew 6 or 7 lines from the current provider. Thanks.

Ch4HD works well on sat, just seems to be cable that has problems, all you need to do is move the channel onto your cable bouquet and then replace it with the one that does not work, you should have a look at Dsayers Custom Mix thread, I dont use it myself but there are plenty on here who do.

Yes, I know this is a potential solution. The problem is that I don't have a sat connection in my kitchen extension - just a vm cable line.

Always a good idea to think again on installs when getting them done to allow other services.
Kitchen has sat,cable and saorview all cabled in when needed.
In my kitchen i have a zero on 28.2 and tm nano on client from a solo 2 motorised sat on one tuner and fixed 28.2.
Tm nano has no cable feeds sat or cable and only uses lan cable but cable feeds are there for sat and saorview if/when needed.

Always a good idea to think again on installs when getting them done to allow other services.
Kitchen has sat,cable and saorview all cabled in when needed.
In my kitchen i have a zero on 28.2 and tm nano on client from a solo 2 motorised sat on one tuner and fixed 28.2.
Tm nano has no cable feeds sat or cable and only uses lan cable but cable feeds are there for sat and saorview if/when needed.
So you have a multi tuner box? 2 x sat tuners, 1 x cable and 1 for tv roof top aerial? I assume you have sub with virgin and sky for the sat? Otherwise you'd only get free channels with Sat? With Virgin you wouldn't get cable without subscription.

Nope no virgin tv here anymore but got their bb,yes solo2 twin sat. Roof aerial to both tvs.
Kitchen has freesat on 1 box and euro sub on other and can change sat on that also.
Virgin vanished from here must be 15 months ago.

Back