Gas & Electric

Makes you wonder what her children were doing,? :unsure:

Staying at home keeping warm :laughing:

Tbf they probably thought she was tough as old boots, a lady of her age probably played things down and said she'd lived a good chunk of her life when central heating wasn't even invented so not having the heating on wasn't a big deal for her. Poor lady, and it makes you wonder how many more like her there are out there right now.

It's sad but this happens every winter, old folk just don't put the heating on as much as they should, and not always for financial reasons, sometimes it's just how they've always got through cold spells. I remember my Great Gran (many years ago now when I was a lad), lived into her 90's but had an old uninsulated house with no heating apart from electric 3 bar heater in front room which only went on (only 1 bar) when she was expecting company, the house was always bloody cold and she wasn't short of a few quid, just didn't like spending her money.

People don't check on the older generation either, why weren't freinds and/or family checking on her? it's sad that old folk are left with no one keeping an eye out for them.

Back