Gas & Electric

Yes that hole would have continued up through the roof, it's a disused chimney.
Bit weird leaving it open like that, might want to put a grate over it.
If you look at the brickwork of the working chimney, you'll be able to see cut bricks etc from where this was taken down and maybe patched up tiles/slates on the roof outside
Could it have been where a 'Back Boiler' was positioned ??

Getting rid of a daughter soon, should help reduce a bill or 2 ..
got rid of our 3 sons a few years ago, tell you now they ain't ever coming back. cheaper bills, less stress, more money stays in wallet. To those that say 'my kids will always have a home here' I say 'More fool you then' LOL

As for energy usage, i used to like smart meaters, now it gives me nightmares. during cold spell last month, I had kittens when it hit £16 in a day. We live in an old detached house with no cavity and wooden floors, in recent years we put cheap internal insulation in when decorating rooms and we have ripped up floor boards, put insulation down and reboarded, doing the floors seems to have had the most effect. I would hate to think what our energy bills would be if we hadn't done that.

If you are on prepayment by choice, would it not be beneficial to switch it over for a year or so and then switch back to pre payment when prices drop again. At least then you don't have the worry of elecy/gas getting cut off unexpectedly and prices are cheaper.

If you are on prepayment by choice, would it not be beneficial to switch it over for a year or so and then switch back to pre payment when prices drop again. At least then you don't have the worry of elecy/gas getting cut off unexpectedly and prices are cheaper.
lol like thats ever gonna happen

got rid of our 3 sons a few years ago, tell you now they ain't ever coming back. cheaper bills, less stress, more money stays in wallet. To those that say 'my kids will always have a home here' I say 'More fool you then' LOL

As for energy usage, i used to like smart meaters, now it gives me nightmares. during cold spell last month, I had kittens when it hit £16 in a day. We live in an old detached house with no cavity and wooden floors, in recent years we put cheap internal insulation in when decorating rooms and we have ripped up floor boards, put insulation down and reboarded, doing the floors seems to have had the most effect. I would hate to think what our energy bills would be if we hadn't done that.

Hiya, did suggest to fuel company about switching to smart meters for a period, and asked if i could then go back to prepayment, reply was no, seemingly they only put in prepayment when in a lot of debt to claw it back, I know I pay a bit extra (no previous debt) but I can also now top up before the new prices, and keep old price for a couple of months, whereas with smart meters the new price is done automatic at suppliers end, so I feel you don't benefit if you are in credit when price rises, plus a few mates have said sometimes their bills are estimated then rectified, and they are in debt through no fault of their own, so i don't think they are that smart, so i plod on doing weekly readings and checking usage, until that is it becomes compulsory for them to change them over, but if they had let me swap for a period of time yeah i would have tried

My old style anti tamper meter 😏😏😏😏😏 the Tariff on it can only be adjusted digitally at a Top up point.
The meter holds £450 and the key itself holds £250.
The government clicked on to the loophole of people loading up the meter and key to avoid the Tariff increases thats why Vouchers are given out so the account holder has to accept the increase when they top.
Initial government help was going to be by money transfer but this was immediatly rejected on the grounds of mis spending and not using the money towards energy and not a round down at local Wetherspoon's.😂😂😂😂😂

Attachments

• 20220330_100853.jpg
    20220330_100853.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
in NI we only have 2 gas companies. i was with SSE billed, but over the summer they charged me £40 for not using enough gas over the summer. so i told them to rip the bill meter out and get me a prepay meter in. i did the maths and you needed to use a lot of gas to see the benefit over the bill. over prepay, the bill is higher rate for first 2k units and a lower rate after 2k of units. you need to use well over 2k units to get a saving
so in NI before the EPG it was £1.14 a unit. nov and dec it was 90p a unit and now its 92p a unit until the end of EPG or they change it again. so i was putting £49 on my prepay meter twice a week for 2 months. will top it up for the next while to keep it at 1000 units

electric to dropped with EPG. i'm on eco 7. So before EPG it was 34p day 18p night. with EPG nov and dec it was 15p day 1.5p night. jan to april or next change it is 25p day 4p night

View attachment 87271

Lets wait to see how long it takes to pass this on to the customers
I can imagine it will take quiet a while and the energy companies will just say its because they bought in bulk at a certain price. Martin lewis said yesterday the main factor is european demand being lower due to the Milder winter we are experiencing etc. 😂😂😂😂

Lets wait to see how long it takes to pass this on to the customers
some 'energy expert' on TV yesterday or day before said prices should start to drop from July, but they probably won't bring us down below the energy price guarentee level so will make little difference to us. Or something like that lol

Back