Satellite Got a new H7 and want to try multiboot but dont want to mess up. Help

bmitie

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
Got box opened and set up with existing image that is Openatv6.0 and just did the usual, set time, set tuners, set dtt, installed SSD. When I get multiboot selector I can only access " select boot option 2160 etc." It says " Select image: STARTUP_1. and you then use arrow keys to get partitions. I don't want to mess up as I know box has 4 partitions. How do I start flashing images to each slot? I have opnenvix on USB reaady to go but ...

Help

Download other compatible images you want to try (OpenATV, OpenHDF, OpenSPA etc.) to your PC, for instance, and do NOT unzip/decompress them!

2) Have a suitable USB memory stick formatted in FAT32, then send an image you want to install on your H7S, to the USB stick, zipped as you downloaded it. Plug it into H7S.

and, this sounds familiar, will I get a boot option when I go through flash process? worried I'll delete something. I was expecting to see a boot menu and then select partition.

Last edited:
I can’t find it atm but someone posted a command line instruction to install a build,
Including options as to which partition you wanted it on. I used it successfully a couple of times.

There is no image manager in Openatv 6.0 thats in box hence my Q but I was thinking of flashing Openvix and that has image manager. Would that work? A bit surprised its a multiboot box but does not make it easy to multiboot.

This box is for a friend who wants to dabble and then decide which image to use.

I wonder if I put an unzipped image on a sub stick and then went to flashing process would it ask for a partition?

There is no image manager in Openatv 6.0 thats in box hence my Q but I was thinking of flashing Openvix and that has image manager. Would that work? A bit surprised its a multiboot box but does not make it easy to multiboot.

This box is for a friend who wants to dabble and then decide which image to use.

I wonder if I put an unzipped image on a sub stick and then went to flashing process would it ask for a partition?
Why openatv6.0 it is outdated you should be using 6.4

@pabloescaban , could he update via online update iv'e never used version 6.0 would he have to online update in stages 6.0 to 6.3 then 6.4 ?
Last time I did this via teamviewer I had to go to 6.1 then 6.2 then 6.3 before finally getting to 6.4.
Only takes 5 minutes per flash because nothing gets configured or anything else

That was the image on the box ie brand new!! I thought there would be a simple solution.!!!

Format your USB stick with this:
http://www.willobuild.net/files/Utilities/Preparing Flash Drives.zip

Download this image and extract to USB stick:
https://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/zgemmah7/openvix-5.4.006.release-zgemmah7_recovery_emmc.zip

Insert stick into white rear USB port and power on whilst holding the little button in under the front flap until FLSH appears on LCD.

This will flash ViX to partition 1 and you can then flash other images to the other partitions via Image Manager.

Oops that did not work!! And I suppose that would be too easy. I end up with duplicated partitions!! Help!!

Attachments

• IMG_8089.jpg
    IMG_8089.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 18
Its openvix and yes I can access image manager but it gives no options to flash. there is something a bit more complex that i am missing.

if you can get where you have options to boot from a partition go to bottom and select boot menu , then you can flash local or online image

Attachments

• Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 17
Back