Gotta Love Motorised

Does the same job but is it a lot more expensive?

the one my mate uses is about 80£ , but he does a lot of coax work,
the one he recommended to me is 17£ +vat at my wholesalers, I've just checked, so not mega money, and I can put it down as business expense, and 20£ for 100 F connectors, :)

Reactions: ste

I looked at quite a few, then thought, stop being stoopid, ring someone that uses these all the time,
he reckoned the problem is that the plastic gives after a while and the compression doesnt remain stable or consistent,
and, thats more expensive than mine [albeit with 50 connectors], but I cant claim it back, ;)
and I can get mine on 60 days free credit, :cool:

I looked at quite a few, then thought, stop being stoopid, ring someone that uses these all the time,
he reckoned the problem is that the plastic gives after a while and the compression doesnt remain stable or consistent,
and, thats more expensive than mine [albeit with 50 connectors], but I cant claim it back, ;)
and I can get mine on 60 days free credit, :cool:

60 days free credit on a £17 tool ... now we know you're a cheapskate :grin:

60 days free credit on a £17 tool ... now we know you're a cheapskate :grin:
I'm skint atm buddy, waiting on being paid for some jobs, its hard work when other people make you wait 30days for payment,
I need more shotgun as well, and a few other bits, so might as well bunch it up.
every little helps, as they say

Reactions: ste
You won’t brake this one most metal and can adjust to crimp better & for the price it’s a no brainier :grimacing:
I use one like this :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-in-1-RG...231326?hash=item2cb80a1c1e:g:MOIAAOSwz-5ZhvWc

thats the very one I sent my mate a link to, I thought at that price it looked more than decent,
he reckoned it was a copy of the Ideal X3 , and was either get that one, or the one he sent me.

@ste he was concerned about most of the stops sat on a plastic bed that would maybe eventually crack.
dont get me wrong, probably fine for 90% of people, but as its part of my job, and if I'm going to move away from screw on connectors, I just thought I might as well do it with something that I have a bit of a warranty with if it goes wrong.

There's no useful plastic parts on this one i've got - just inspected it carefully, it's just fancy bits of plastic - if all these snapped off, it would work the same.

Who's bothered about warranty on a less than £10 tool :grin:

Back