Gotta Love Motorised

Yeah you can trust lat and long from dishpointer but not the elevation it tells you though - this is where I went wrong but once i'd got the correct elevation from table in back of motor manual, it was ok.

As you guessed, it may be that L bracket - I didn't trust that on mine, I got a bracket fabricated that attached to wall (similar to a TK) and also added more brackets from the pole to the wall and it's solid.

Hi bud,
Im north Manchester and I get 13 19 and 28 on a fixed 65cm dish, I can also receive 16 and 23 if I tweak my dish/LNBs a bit.
so you should get virtually most sats,
have a look here
http://www.satbeams.com/footprints?position=5

oh, and I use an F5 , still works fine, :)
Sorry for late response Steptoe , thanks for the info . Currently looking at Vu + box and getting it fully loaded when I find a descent supplier ,
Hi bud,
Im north Manchester and I get 13 19 and 28 on a fixed 65cm dish, I can also receive 16 and 23 if I tweak my dish/LNBs a bit.
so you should get virtually most sats,
have a look here
http://www.satbeams.com/footprints?position=5

oh, and I use an F5 , still works fine, :)

Gutted these Tandberg feeds aren't working at the moment :(
Looks like some folk are trying their best but suspect it'll take some head scratching to figure out what's changed.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Looks like some folk are trying their best but suspect it'll take some head scratching to figure out what's changed.

Yeah i've been keeping an eye on SU for updates but it's been pretty quiet.

Just hoping to get a bit of advice and hopefully some help, as a few of the guys know i recently set up my zgemma h2h combo box and went down the cable route and with quite a bit of help i got it all sorted and working great. But i have now re-newed my euro sat line and i cant figure out as to how to access my euro sats on my motorised system, i usually got 0.8 thor, 13e hotbird, 19e astra, a few others, but i mainly only used the 3 mentioned, i have my 28e sky coming from a standard dish and i use the splitter box for the 2 dishes, but i am just hoping to find out how i can access my other sats on the zgemma and any information on how to do this, many thanks.

Just hoping to get a bit of advice and hopefully some help, as a few of the guys know i recently set up my zgemma h2h combo box and went down the cable route and with quite a bit of help i got it all sorted and working great. But i have now re-newed my euro sat line and i cant figure out as to how to access my euro sats on my motorised system, i usually got 0.8 thor, 13e hotbird, 19e astra, a few others, but i mainly only used the 3 mentioned, i have my 28e sky coming from a standard dish and i use the splitter box for the 2 dishes, but i am just hoping to find out how i can access my other sats on the zgemma and any information on how to do this, many thanks.

I couldn't get my H2.H to work with motorised - just didn't have the power to drive the motor but you can give it a shot though. You will have to go into the tuner configuration and under tuner A which is the satellite one, you'd have to change it to USALS and put your coordinates in there then once you've done that, you'll have to go into ABM providers and enable the providers you want bouquets for. This is a bit of guess work for me as I didn't really get this far.

ABM providers, not sure as to how to do that, done the first part though from memory of setting up my old dreambox, so could you please tell me how i get into ABM providers, thanks ste

Setup, service searching, autobouquetsmaker then providers. Not sure how you go about setting up bouquets with motorised as I haven’t got that far yet myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ste
When you enable the sats you want this should then bring up the options in ABM for bouquets related to those particular sats.

Catseye or Vhannibal channel lists are a good place to start if you just want to prove you've got stuff working.

Reactions: ste
Just cant see where i need to go to try and move the dish to get onto another sat, i was thinking of re connecting my dreambox to move to a certain sat, then back to the zgemma and see if i can scan channels in

Just cant see where i need to go to try and move the dish to get onto another sat, i was thinking of re connecting my dreambox to move to a certain sat, then back to the zgemma and see if i can scan channels in
At a guess, I'd say once you have yur desired satellites selected, and USALs etc set up, you simply do a blind scan and it should move your dish to each sat in turn.
May be an idea to manually move your dish from each end if the arc to the other to make sure its still lined up correctly. ie, check signal on Thor, then move to 28e and check signal there,
Then do your full scan.

What i mean is , on my old dreambox it was so easy to switch between sats, but on the zgemma i dont know how to do that, i just cant see how to do it.

You pick a channel and it moves.
That's my little understanding of how it works,
But,
I have yet to get my motorised set up yet.

In theory ,yes, but it is really hard to explain, i have no sat to choose from, never mind a channel, ended up just giving up on it, baffled as to move the dish, was gonna connect dreambox back up to move it but probaly try at a later date.

You will have to set up the USALS part in tuner config first - once you've done this, you will then need to go into ABM and all providers for the sats should be showing?

If you have a dreambox then it should be very similar. As ste says, configure your lat and long in your tuner config and you should be good to go. Download a pre made channel list, choose the channel on a sat you want to move to and it should drive your rotor.

Back