yoyomouth

hi all hoping for some help.
was on my PC on Friday and it went to black screen , so from looking around from what i gather my HDMI cable was not connected to my TV and that was the cause ,
so need help
i have done and tried all of this stuff
reboot
kill power
deleted drivers
deleted graphics card
taken out the graphics card powered up for 5 mins and put back in to reset
installed new drivers
nothing is working

it will play a video on Facebook but tats it you tube is stuttering live TV is stuttering even my media box is stuttering as well nothing is playing right and web browsing is jumpy and flickering..and my screen resolution resets its self .
nvidia are telling me my card is gone . please tell me this is not true

device status,
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

my card is a nvidia geforce GTX 660TI

PLEASE HELP

Last edited:
hate to say,but it does look like your card is done.to bad as it is a shitty time to be buying a gpu what with all the bitcoin mining going on.post your specs so we can better recommend a card.also,what do you do with your computer?

hate to say,but it does look like your card is done.to bad as it is a shitty time to be buying a gpu what with all the bitcoin mining going on.post your specs so we can better recommend a card.also,what do you do with your computer?

i go on line watch tv stream live football basketball from the usa ... gaming as well world of tanks , world of warship etc

ram 8 gb
64bit OS
intel i5
windows 7

we just ordered a 1050ti from newegg for the oldest boys build.at least here in canada,when you jump any higher in the specs,the price goes up considerably.that one was around 300$ cdn.for the games you play it would probably be a good fit for you.what kind of i5 do you have?

As a rule of thumb if you output to a tv and your settings are set to extend, the monitor will go off and the card displays on the tv at the resolution youve set it at. Ive seen this happen before when the card doesnt return back to the monitor and stays black. The only way to get it to display correctly is to connect to the tv and clone your display. Your mouse will be on the tv as its extended. Change to clone. That will display on both tv and pc monitor. The tv and monitor will have different resolutions but when you clone you get the same resolution on your tv and your monitor. When you say you removed the drivers when you rebooted did windows detect your card as a standard graphics adapter? You could have corrupted the drivers. You need to remove all the nvidia drivers get back to a standard graphics adapter then install the correct drivers for your card. Goto Nvidias website dont use the cd that the card came with there usually outdated. Id be tempted to reset the cmos too. The only way your card could be damaged is if its shorted out, on the pcb or overheated i think this is a corrupted driver issue.

it was nvidia who said to take out the card after all else failed. they had me wipe all drivers for graphics card.so it then didnt find the card thats when i had to take out the card so pc would go to moter board for graphics .had the card tested today from a pc shop and they said card is no more good.... got one of a different shop for e230 put it in today and all is good and back up and running

it was a old card ant way 660 ti about 4/5 years old

so got a 1050ti now

nice card the 1050Ti a mate of mine has dual GTX1080Tis running in sli mode. awesome pc i7 cpu 16 gb ram 256ssd drive with 2tb storage drive spent a fortune on it hes a serious gamer EVE, World of tanks, Rome runs them in 4k when he can.

Back