GrogBuild Grogbuild Error Using OpenVix

Blizzard17

Evening

So thought I would play around with the setups I wanted to use Openvix with Grogbuild now I manged to get through the whole setup fine when the setup come to an end I got an error when trying to access the menu or settings page on grogbuild..I doubled check this by doing the setup again and got the same issue

So decided to use OpenATV instead all setup working fine no issues ATM so just really looking for an answer for what might have caused it

See picture attached 20220321_175853.jpg

If it's working fine why did you ask what was causing the crash?
OpenATV - Grogbuild Works Fine
OpenVIX - Grogbuild Failed to work

I just wanted to know if anyone had seen or got the same issue as I thought the picture provided was enough to understand the issue..

Will install OpenVIX and Grogbuild tomorrow morning then get a log of the problem and post it tomorrow morning for you to have a read

openvix uses py 3 which is the cause of the problem, grogbuild isn't ready for py 3, use willowbuild for vix
Yeah I guessed that tbh your setup through gives you the option to use both atv & vix through so maybe needs some tidying up if vix won't run your build.. Just a thought lol

Come on in to py3 Mr Grog, you know you want to :sneaky:
Why don't you and @grog68 combine your knowledge and create a new build that does it all? The part I love about Grogbuild is the setup for IPTV - Easy simple and cuts all the manual work out...But I love the Skin on Vix for Sly and the Vix itself looks professional for sure..Has a better feel to it...

GrogWillo Build
WilloGrog Build

Ultimate ATV&VIX Build (Haha)

Seriously combine the two and still keep them separate for other customers

They use different base images, Grog is ATV and Willo is ViX.

If it was possible to use the epg hack on python 3 images it would have been done by now.

IPTV is the same issue really. Providers tend to have their own plugins that work on python 2 but not 3.

All you need to do on my build is to add a playlists.txt file to the Xstreamity and JediMaker folders and job done.

They use different base images, Grog is ATV and Willo is ViX.

If it was possible to use the epg hack on python 3 images it would have been done by now.

IPTV is the same issue really. Providers tend to have their own plugins that work on python 2 but not 3.

All you need to do on my build is to add a playlists.txt file to the Xstreamity and JediMaker folders and job done.
OK I will give it another shot tomorrow and get Willobuild setup and go from there

Back