Code:
Welcome to OpenViX for sf8008
openvix 6.0 sf8008

sf8008 login: root
Password:
root@sf8008:~# wget  -O ~/fla.sh  http://flashmybox4.me && bash fla.sh
--2022-02-04 16:52:19--  http://flashmybox4.me/
Resolving flashmybox4.me... 91.121.192.18
Connecting to flashmybox4.me|91.121.192.18|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found
--2022-02-04 16:52:20--  http://flashmybox4.me/fla.sh
Reusing existing connection to flashmybox4.me:80.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 25507 (25K) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: ‘/home/root/fla.sh’

/home/root/fla.sh         100%[===================================>]  24.91K  --.-KB/s    in 0.02s

2022-02-04 16:52:20 (1.02 MB/s) - ‘/home/root/fla.sh’ saved [25507/25507]

Please wait while the necessary files are downloaded.
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/BoxBrandingTest.py", line 2
    print "getMachineBuild=%s<" %boxbranding.getMachineBuild()
          ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
          ^
          ^
BusyBox v1.34.1 (2021-12-24 16:07:56 UTC) multi-call binary.

Usage: grep [-HhnlLoqvsrRiwFE] [-m N] [-A|B|C N] { PATTERN | -e PATTERN... | -f FILE... } [FILE]...

Search for PATTERN in FILEs (or stdin)

-H      Add 'filename:' prefix
        -h      Do not add 'filename:' prefix
        -n      Add 'line_no:' prefix
        -l      Show only names of files that match
        -L      Show only names of files that don't match
        -c      Show only count of matching lines
        -o      Show only the matching part of line
        -q      Quiet. Return 0 if PATTERN is found, 1 otherwise
        -v      Select non-matching lines
        -s      Suppress open and read errors
        -r      Recurse
        -R      Recurse and dereference symlinks
        -i      Ignore case
        -w      Match whole words only
        -x      Match whole lines only
        -F      PATTERN is a literal (not regexp)
        -E      PATTERN is an extended regexp
        -m N    Match up to N times per file
        -A N    Print N lines of trailing context
        -B N    Print N lines of leading context
        -C N    Same as '-A N -B N'
        -e PTRN Pattern to match
        -f FILE Read pattern from file
*      if you like Grogbuild FreeRange with it's simple install and     *
*    you would like to donate to cover the costs of hosting and coding  *
*      then donations can be sent via paypal to iamgrog68@gmail.com     *
*                     Thanks for your support                           *

fla.sh: line 167: SUPMACH: bad array subscript

your  box is NOT supported by OpenVix, so OpenATV will be used as the base image
Your installtion of Grogbuild FreeRange will be built on OpenATV

We will be downloading the image from
If using multiboot box please enter partition to flash:
ah, do you have a python 3 based image installed prior to installing grogbuild? if so that's the problem, ie print statements should be print("this or that") where python 2.7 its print "this or that" hence the errors above. the boxbranding.py I include would be py 2.7 not 3

It's not related to this box, but I flashed Grogbuild to H7 yesterday and a Gigablue last week and had a few install problems.
Choosing Freeview area/region has a fault.
I chose Winter Hill in both cases, neither was set to that, the entire list of transmitters are in the list of chosen areas., It's setting every transmitter as the one you chose.
This caused ABM problems.
It also set epgimporter to import EPG, which is not required at all for Freeview
I will look at the issue with transmitters when I get 5 minutes, it's probably a slight change in the xml file with is messing it up.

As for the epg importer, never even thought about it to be honest, as freeview only was applied to just a few users when I first wrote the script I overlooked the fact epg import not required if only freeview, again will look at it when I get the time.

so is ATV 6.4 python 3? because i used that and it still did not work, ?
No ATV 6.4 is python 2.7, but you would need atv 6.4 on the box before running grogbuild setup script, even though GB flashes again, the setup script need python 2.7 to work

It's not related to this box, but I flashed Grogbuild to H7 yesterday and a Gigablue last week and had a few install problems.
Choosing Freeview area/region has a fault.
I chose Winter Hill in both cases, neither was set to that, the entire list of transmitters are in the list of chosen areas., It's setting every transmitter as the one you chose.
This caused ABM problems.
It also set epgimporter to import EPG, which is not required at all for Freeview
ok epg importer, I have made quick change to script so epgimporter should be disabled if freesat and sky are not enabled. BUT I have not tested this yet so could have totally messed up LOL

I found the winter hill problem, there are 4 winter hills,

Code:
                <configuration key="winter_hill________" frequency="602000000">Winter Hill</configuration>
                <configuration key="winter_hill_lancs__" frequency="602000000">Winter Hill (Lancashire)</configuration>
                <configuration key="winter_hill_liver__" frequency="602000000">Winter Hill (Liverpool)</configuration>
                <configuration key="winter_hill_manch__" frequency="602000000">Winter Hill (Manchester)</configuration>

I suspect you're selecting the first, (or is only the one being offerred?) and it's messing with the search and replace function, I will need to take a proper look when I get time but probably won't be until after next weekend at the earliest as I am busy for the next week or two

ok epg importer, I have made quick change to script so epgimporter should be disabled if freesat and sky are not enabled. BUT I have not tested this yet so could have totally messed up LOL

I found the winter hill problem, there are 4 winter hills,

Code:
                <configuration key="winter_hill________" frequency="602000000">Winter Hill</configuration>
                <configuration key="winter_hill_lancs__" frequency="602000000">Winter Hill (Lancashire)</configuration>
                <configuration key="winter_hill_liver__" frequency="602000000">Winter Hill (Liverpool)</configuration>
                <configuration key="winter_hill_manch__" frequency="602000000">Winter Hill (Manchester)</configuration>

I suspect you're selecting the first, (or is only the one being offerred?) and it's messing with the search and replace function, I will need to take a proper look when I get time but probably won't be until after next weekend at the earliest as I am busy for the next week or two
It offers all four.
I only ever choose the first, winter hill, I've tried the others and they don't bring in all the channels.
Not tried any of the other transmitters when flashing GB but it's not displaying just the four winter hills, it's displaying all of them, Brecon, and about twenty others

It offers all four.
I only ever choose the first, winter hill, I've tried the others and they don't bring in all the channels.
Not tried any of the other transmitters when flashing GB but it's not displaying just the four winter hills, it's displaying all of them, Brecon, and about twenty others
yes, its because when it then searches for winter hill to add to the settings file it gets messed up because there are more than 1 winter hills, I've got to get in and sort out the search function

It's not a major problem, just thought I'd tack it onto this post so you could have butchers next time you got the spanners out (y)

so quick question does grogbuild go on a SF8008? while i have got all other images to load, i cannot for the life in me get this to work, i have followed instructions to the letter, but the atv image never upgrades to grog, the files are there on my hard drive after going through terminal, it just reboots and restats to ATV 4.
thanks to @Willo3092 testing and reporting to me exactly what is/isn't happening this issue should now be fixed and the sf8008 should be able to install GB

hi guys, sf8008 UHD combi not working with grogbuild. tried with ATV and VIX, Tried with ATV 6.4 and 7.2 through terminal. gets stuck at successfully flashed, rebooting in 3 seconds and does nothing. force restart brings it back to atv. on VIX in putty im getting error at the end when its about to flash

getting image from

wget: missing URL
Usage: wget [OPTION]... ... Try `wget --help' for more opt...tched. can you do the same for combi version?

Back