GrogBuild Grogbuild won't boot after update

gosnis

Grogbuild won't boot after update.

I updated via the blue button like normal, but the box gets stuck at 50% and stays there.

Anyone experiencing similar?

do you mean software update?

how old is your grogbuild?

what skin are you using?

Have you installed any other plugins?

do you mean software update?

how old is your grogbuild?

what skin are you using?

Have you installed any other plugins?

Hi Grog,
Yes the software update, it installed about 120 updates.

The grog build and open tv were installed current and fresh about a week or so ago, so should have been bang up to date.

Skin used was the blue virmin one preinstalled with your build.

Only additional plugin added was YouTube, which I have used for months on previous installs.

Software updates are a pain in the rear and it is always recommended to create a backup before hand as software updates is infamaous for causing boxes not to boot after, that's not just with Grogbuilfd but any build, just search this forum, 120 updates is a lot so I checked mine and it says 187 updates and I only flashed the box recently. Personally I don't do software updates because of the issues it causes and tend to reflash instead, especially if there are that many.

If you can telnet to the box, which you should be able to do at 50% then I would reinstall

Have to agree why do updates if only reflashed a week ago once a month do a reflash as you will get all the updates for you alot better then updating and having major issues with boxes after when the amount of time taken to update fekked your box up started a thread on forum you could've reflashed your box and be sat, with a brew watching loose woman lol

OK. I wasn't aware of an issue with doing them, first I've heared, I'm sure people a while back were pitching to keep the boxes up to date. Anyways, I'll have to install fresh again. Yes I have Telnet access. Cheers for the input.

it is always good to keep your box up to date, but there a lots of threads where people have done software updates and the box has got stuck in boot loop. Most of the time it works fine but all it needs is one of the updates to be bad and when there are so many updates there is more chance of that being the case.

If you think how long it takes to do a software update and compare that to how long it takes to reflash the box, you might as well reflash.

It takes longer to update boxes these days than it takes to simply reflash, especially when problems arise like this, which seems to be the norm with the newer openatv images for some reason

I wish this was the case for me, but i've customised the EPG somewhat (font sizes, stylesheet, so on), so it takes me a little longer to do a new flash.

No problem, a lesson learned.

I wish this was the case for me, but i've customised the EPG somewhat (font sizes, stylesheet, so on), so it takes me a little longer to do a new flash.

No problem, a lesson learned.
if you have physically edited the skin files just copy these to somewhere safe, even on the box usb/hdd and then once flashed copy them back to orriginal folder. It should be fine as long as it's not one of your edits that has caused the issue

Re- flashed zgemma H2 with grogbuild and can't FTP to box. FileZilla says box will not allow FTP OR something like that.
Also add a line crashes/errors and won't add line.
But FTP is really more important.

Re- flashed zgemma H2 with grogbuild and can't FTP to box. FileZilla says box will not allow FTP OR something like that.
Also add a line crashes/errors and won't add line.
But FTP is really more important.
You have to set a password on the box.
Then use that password in FTP programme

Back