GrogBuild

Im struggling here is just hanging on the grodg screen that stupid stuffed bear thing poking his mug at me....

wheres Grog?
You are trying to start at the end.
Once you decide to start at the beginning and answer any and all questions you are asked, the box will be up and running in no time

Yes, put the et10000 on the usb...

Nope, still boots to grog screen
Put the usb in the box.
Click menu, setup, system, storage devices, click the usb name and initialise it.
Wait until it's finished.
Press blue button, go right and click 'flash local/online'
Choose openatv 7.1 or 7.2 if it's there.
If only 7.1 is there, flash that then follow the same procedure until it flashes openatv 7.2

The box is not booting, so he can't do anything with the remote.

Option 1. Persist with flashing by USB.

Option 2. Flash by command line.
Use Angy IP scanner or router to check box's IP address. Use Putty/terminal to issue commands. If you want someone to help you remotely, you can use Teamviewer.

So i used putty to try and install vix, seemed to be succesful..
However now the box hangs with et10000 on the screen and et-view.net on the screen...
My router sees it but putty and filezilla dont... no route to host is what i get...
More HELP please...

So i used putty to try and install vix, seemed to be succesful..
However now the box hangs with et10000 on the screen and et-view.net on the screen...
My router sees it but putty and filezilla dont... no route to host is what i get...
More HELP please...
Do you use or can you use TeamViewer

whats teamviewer?
You can install it on your PC it will allow someone to remotely access the box. Abu has offered to help and he is familiar with the older boxes and all the commands required to reset it for you.

Have you tried flashing willobuild? it's vix based and should replace the grogbuild images.

Back