Guide How to set up a Blade Media BM5000s

probably if you got them new from retailer they will come with the official firmware with only the FTA (free to air) channels

when i press menu and 9991 nothing happens. Ive updated the sofweir but cant add a cline

that's because you have the official firmware loaded you need the unofficial patched version... it's in the downloads section July version is the lates

Hey. Any one know if the HD channels are back on? Last time I was told they all moved freqs and we had to wait.

i am waiting on a box being delivered is it easy to set up?
Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 02:27 PM ----------

Hello, this site isnt allowing me to download the flash file...does anyone know why?

Where is the error coming up ?

In the 9991 menu, for instance or on the front panel of the box ?

Yep, the guide was updated the other day to link to the latest firmware (July)
which has a 7 day EPG

Sorry to ask what is prob an obvious question but I have read through all the pages and can't find anyone else who has had the same issue. I have tried to set up by blade 5000 and was flying through the install stage until I got to the blank config stage. I downloaded it using the link in page one and when I load it into my box an error appears and it won't load. Anyone else have this issue or know where I am going wrong. I managed to enter my cline details using menu 9991 without the blank config file but can't get any channels.

Thanks for your help

Sorry to ask what is prob an obvious question but I have read through all the pages and can't find anyone else who has had the same issue. I have tried to set up by blade 5000 and was flying through the install stage until I got to the blank config stage. I downloaded it using the link in page one and when I load it into my box an error appears and it won't load. Anyone else have this issue or know where I am going wrong. I managed to enter my cline details using menu 9991 without the blank config file but can't get any channels.

Without the config file you shouldn't be able to get the 9991 up manually.

If you have got it then as you mentioned, you can enter a line manually or by USB.

Press menu - 9991, you should see a green light in one of the boxes when it connects to the server.

If you have saved your line to the box, you should see a yellow light (which basically means line details entered but not connected) where you have entered your line details.

Select the yellow box and you will see "not connected" down the bottom.

It could be a number of things

A Typo ( typically you have not entered the line correctly into the box)

A common one is using a dash (-) instead of an underscore (_) or vise versa.

Or your test line may have ran out.

Could be a number of simple things, so post back with more details if you are not sorted yet.

Last edited:
i tried deletign the file and startign again with no joy, then got a new USB and still the error i get is update fail, press (EXIT) to exit, but under status it says open file success

Do i need to download the blank config to enter my cline codes.

sorry to ask again but ive tried for days and just cant get it right!

This is where I would start

Download the file from here

Open it using notepad.

Paste in your line, C lines near the top, N lines further down, make sure you are in the correct part for your type of line.

Make sure you paste over the # at the start of the line in the config file it's not needed.

Have a look at the pics at the bottom of the tutorial.

If you get a fail again, open the file on the USB in notepad and see if it still looks the same
or has it turned to a load of unreadable garbage ?

Let us know how you get on and we can go from there.

Ohh, I would just format the USB stick first before you try the above suggestions (y)

Back