Have prices gone up since the issue?

gosnis

My 12 month sub just expired, the provider now only offers 3 months, the price works out double. Is this the norm now?

I have two subs with different providers one as increased his prices and the other hasn't as for offering only 3 months that could be down to uncertainty after the Bust and probably have No desire to offer more than that just in case,Looking after your financial interest I would like to think.. But Double is a bit too much :sunglasses:

You would be better asking in the request thread and seeing what others are offering

Makes sense to me
If you where the seller to put up prices
People want shorter so they don’t lose money if something happens
But then as everyone knows the less you buy the more it costs

My provider has kept prices same how he looks at it why put prices for having to move panels ect as can be made back but double prices is that to cover costs of what he/they have paid to move new panels

Prices did go up but seem to have settled back down. The uncertainty is still a major factor. Ten quid or less pcm seems about right at the present time for a full UK service.

Shorter subs have always worked out more expensive - it looks like your provider is being cautious by not offering 12 month subs so he doesn't potentially have a load of customers left with long, unusable subs should it all go wrong again
I can completely see his point, but if you want a longer, better value sub then I'd suggest you use the request thread to see what else is available.

Change provider! Or at least ask them about the sudden price hike.
I noticed a slight increase with most providers but nothing like double the price

the cost of moving servers and running new front end software is minimal compared to the income from subs.

its a cost that should be absorbed by the provider.

there is no reason from a server point of view to charge more unless its simply to make more.

you may find some resellers increasing prices simply because they've had no income and lost a server supplier so they cannot afford to add all existing clients to their new suppliers servers for free.

kind of like a tradesman buying a new van and suddenly charging more per job.

shouldn't be happening.

i pay full sly got deal for 50 pound a month for everything except fibre i use iptv for bt and box office and odd movie i think iptv is a bargin anyway i wont cancel sly as i prefer the picture and stability just cant afford the lot lol

My main supplier has gone up £5 per year, but this is the First increase in 3 years, I was thinking of getting sly as well in the sales!!

Wouldn’t give sly one single penny! Prices always creep up and are very over inflated. Even at half the price I still wouldn’t take it

I've checked my TVs and I don't have any HDMI slots spare so probably won't bother!! with Sly Q

Back