steptoe

VIP Member
Hi, I'm looking for an HDMI to USB adapter, I know they exist, I just can't find one, lol
This is NOT the same as a USB to HDMI adapter.
Basically, I want to be able to use my firestick on my laptop if I don't have a TV available.
Many thanks.

You would probably be far better installing bluestacks android emulator thats what I have on to test and run ipvt apps.

You would probably be far better installing bluestacks android emulator thats what I have on to test and run ipvt apps.
and just how exactly does that let me plug a firestick into my laptop.?
have you actually read the OP.?
you have replied twice with none of the replies being remotely relevant to the actual question being asked.

no,
I need an HDMI to USB device , no card, its a laptop
so, tell me just how bluestacks allows me to plug a firestick into my laptop.?
you obviously did not even look i made mistake writing card it is hdmi to usb but seem you need some kind of splitter because of the firestick encryption.

bluestack obviously wont allow you to plug your firestick in to laptop but you can install the applications you use for iptv on bluestacks and run them.
Capture.JPG

you obviously did not even look i made mistake writing card it is hdmi to usb but seem you need some kind of splitter because of the firestick encryption.

bluestack obviously wont allow you to plug your firestick in to laptop but you can install the applications you use for iptv on bluestacks and run them.
View attachment 55333
OK, so you still haven't read the OP
I do NOT want IPTV on MY laptop, I already have it there BTW,
I am trying to use my firestick on my laptop, so I need an HDMI to USB converter , what is so hard about that for you to understand,?
Don't keep telling me I need this or that, when I don't need any app , I need an adapter.

This will only Output.

@urie Is correct. You need to buy a USB HDMI capture device (Unless your Laptop supports HDMI IN).

Also Bluestacks is an alternative. As the majority of things you can install on a Firestick you can install on Bluestacks. Failing that you need a USB HDMI Capture device a few have been posted above.

I posted ebay links on post 7 but from what I have read firesticks HDCP is a copy protection that was added to the HDMI /remove-hdcp-hdmi-signal that is why I mentioned you also need another adapter i,e, splitter.

Yup he also needs a Splitter aswell as a HDMI Capture card. It's not as simple as plugging in a USB To Hdmi adaptor lol What he's looking for will only provide him a Output anyway.

Back