Heinz - Enigma2 catchup plugin

Cant get this to play anything , seems to be set up ok but when I try to play anything I get the black bar and the timer but nothing actually plays

What do you have configured for Service type and Stream type? Could also be a provider issue, does it behave like that across all the catchup channels on your provider?

Hi oottppxx,
My Heinz-Plugin under Enigma2 stopped working Saturday (I only installed two oder Plugins: "E2-IPTV-Server" and "EPG Youtube Trailer", then I noticed that the Heinz-Plugin behavier is like Jakeywinebottle´s: Only BlackScreen and Time-Bar but stuck at "0". I then updates Heinz to recent Version and removed the Plugins "E2-IPTV-Server" and "EPG Youtube Trailer" again, but no luck. Still Black Screen and Time-Bar but stuck at "0". I tested CatchUp of my Provider in my Smartphone, there it´s ok. But not in my Heinz-Plugin on my vu+.
The Debug-Log of Heinz Shows only:
Current stream[ 1:0:19:2B66:3F3:1:C00000:0:0:0:http%3a//portal.geniptv.com%3a8080/******/******/2550:ZDF FHD DE +CatchUp ]
k: http://portal.%3A8080/player_api.php?username=******&password=******&action=get_live_streams&start=99990000000000 + 18147
k: http://portal.3A8080/player_api.php...*&action=get_simple_data_table&stream_id=2550 + 1742149
Now playing CU: 4097:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:http%3a//portal.%3a8080/streaming/timeshift.php?username=******&password=******&stream=2550&start=2019-09-08%3a08-15&duration=9000:[Hz] Bares für Rares
adjustCUCallback called...

Can you say, what is the Problem? I can send you the URLs including Username&Password via PM if you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure you can mention providers here, but according to that log, Heinz is working fine. It's either a provider issue or a box issue playing the stream (or something in the network inbetween).

Your naming a provider which is not allowed it's to do with your providers portal and player try a reboot of box and router

Just to let folks know that Frenchs, Heinz, and McDonnells plugins were updated to revive VAPI - it's currently used by a new provider on the block. XCAPI still supported as well, of course.

Last edited:
Hi oottppxx

I've finally got the Bigmac plugin working when using TvHeadend, but it requires vastly different settings than when the plugin is just used to restart IPTV from Bouquets. So to not have to keep changing them in the plugin when I wish to watch from TvHeadend, and then back again when I wish to use it for IPTV in my Bouquets, I've hardcoded the TvHeadend options into the plugin.py and created another choice in the settings menu to either turn them on or off. When turned on they override the normal settings in the settings menu, and when turned off the standard settings are used instead.

The settings used are now about 95% perfect with TvHeadend, but occasionally do still give false restarts. To get these settings took much studying of the debug log to see what was occuring regarding the RXQ traffic, which brings me to my question. Is there any way to make the debug live in a telnet window ? This would prevent having to repeatedly FTP the debug file to my PC as it updates in order to try to refine these TvHeadend settings further.

Ian.

Hi oottppxx

I've finally got the Bigmac plugin working when using TvHeadend, but it requires vastly different settings than when the plugin is just used to restart IPTV from Bouquets. So to not have to keep changing them in the plugin when I wish to watch from TvHeadend, and then back again when I wish to use it for IPTV in my Bouquets, I've hardcoded the TvHeadend options into the plugin.py and created another choice in the settings menu to either turn them on or off. When turned on they override the normal settings in the settings menu, and when turned off the standard settings are used instead.

The settings used are now about 95% perfect with TvHeadend, but occasionally do still give false restarts. To get these settings took much studying of the debug log to see what was occuring regarding the RXQ traffic, which brings me to my question. Is there any way to make the debug live in a telnet window ? This would prevent having to repeatedly FTP the debug file to my PC as it updates in order to try to refine these TvHeadend settings further.

Ian.

To watch the log via telnet, just do: tail -f /tmp/bigmac-debug.log

Regarding the settings, maybe add an extra setting that matches on the service string, so you don't have to manually swap between settings each time you swap services?

Superb.

That will save loads of time and effort seeing the debug live.

Yes that's a good idea regarding the settings, I shall do that.

Wow that works great.

Automatic switching of settings when i switch from IPTV in my bouquets to IPTV from TvHeadend. and scope for 2 more Servers too, which is most usefull as some Servers require very strange settings indeed. Brilliant work, works perfectly. Thank You. I hadnt even started properly on trying to do it in my version and judging by the amount of new code added, it would have been a long time in coming, if ever at all.

How can I fully uninstall the Heinz plugin ? it stopped working for me when iptv went down for everybody , I just installed heinz-6.2.2j over the last version and it works but if I use it on a channel the doesnt support catch up I dont get the setup menu , it just crashes my box. I would like to fully uninstall and re-install the latest version

How can I fully uninstall the Heinz plugin ? it stopped working for me when iptv went down for everybody , I just installed heinz-6.2.2j over the last version and it works but if I use it on a channel the doesnt support catch up I dont get the setup menu , it just crashes my box. I would like to fully uninstall and re-install the latest version
Green Button - Red Button - Extensions - scroll down and select the Heinz plugin and press the OK button to uninstall, then restart the box.

Why not just reflash your box and have a nice clean fresh build on which to work. For the 15 or so minutes it takes to do, it's usually time well spent

@oottppxx how can I delete all traces of the Heinz plugin from my vu solo2 running openvix 5.2.045 , I need a clean removal because it crashes my box even after uninstalling and reinstalling , I'm guessing their must be something left over when I uninstall it , dont really want to flash and setup my box again

@oottppxx how can I delete all traces of the Heinz plugin from my vu solo2 running openvix 5.2.045 , I need a clean removal because it crashes my box even after uninstalling and reinstalling , I'm guessing their must be something left over when I uninstall it , dont really want to flash and setup my box again

Sorry for the late reply: I think you'll need to upgrade to OpenVIX 5.3, as that's a known issue with 5.2.

The only thing left of Heinz once you uninstall are the previous settings (so you don't lose it across Heinz upgrades), but those are unrelated to the crash I think you're having; sorry for that. If you can't update the box, let me know and send a crash log via DM, I'll see what I can do.

Back