Help!!! Is this a good gaming laptop? ASUS ROG Strix

Abster123

Hi All,

I am looking at buying a gaming laptop but was looking to buy second hand to get a better deal.

Please can you advise if the laptop below is good and if it is worth £900 if I bid? Or can you advise me of an alternative.

Mainly going to play, COD, FIFA, Battlefields

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332597584818?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Hi All,

I am after a gaming laptop to play COD, FIFA and Battlefield. (possibly more depending how the laptop performance is) My budget is £900

Please can you tell me if this is worth £900? Or what should I offer? Is there any alternatives you would suggest.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332597584818?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Last edited by a moderator:
Not planning on playing in public to be honest, just wouldn't mind something that looks more the part.

Will await comments from other users first. Was advised not to buy a dell.

Asus all day long.Ive got a g73 sw gaming laptop,i7 processor I bought a few years ago and awesome for gaming and still going strong.I always go for asus as they always use quality components unlike the cheaper makes.No contest in my opinion.

To be fair gaming laptops are quality these days. They've came a long way. I mean a GTX 1060 in a laptop below £900 is superb considering the prices of components these days. Don't forget with a laptop you don't need additional costs for keyboard, mice, monitors ******* gaming chairs just a complete package that can run all AAA titles!

I think the ASUS ROG Strix GL702ZC if you got it for about £800 would be a good buy and it has a 17.3" display and this was quite an expensive laptop when new.You could get something ok with a 15.6" display but I would go with a bigger display for gaming.Msi make good gaming laptops,something like MSI GL72 7REX Core i7-7700HQ 8GB 1TB
GeForce GTX 1050 card,but is about £950.00 but not bad for the money, i7 processor and 17.3" display.

I think the ASUS ROG Strix GL702ZC if you got it for about £800 would be a good buy and it has a 17.3" display and this was quite an expensive laptop when new.You could get something ok with a 15.6" display but I would go with a bigger display for gaming.Msi make good gaming laptops,something like MSI GL72 7REX Core i7-7700HQ 8GB 1TB
GeForce GTX 1050 card,but is about £950.00 but not bad for the money, i7 processor and 17.3" display.

Exactly the kind of feedback I was after, thanks a lot. I will place a bid and have a look at the one you mentioned in the meantime.

Back