Cable Help Reflashing H7C

NKidd_14

Hi guys, after a bit of help here please.

My old mans Zgemma H7C had an issue where when he turned it on, it got stuck on -49- , i had a look on here and saw that it required a reflash.

So, i formatted the usb and added open vix 5.4.009, inserted it in the back and pressed the white button until the display showed Flash, let it reboot then removed the usb.

The box now goes past -49- and the screen shows openvix starting... but then goes black. The LCD displays -00-. If i click menu on the remote, the display changes to the time, but blank screen.

Im just looking to reflash and get this working again. Any ideas guys?

thanks in advance

cheers guys, managed to sort it out 5 usbs later. Normally the sandisk ones do the trick, but would only work with an old verbatim one.

cheers guys, managed to sort it out 5 usbs later. Normally the sandisk ones do the trick, but would only work with an old verbatim one.
A lot of people change noforce to force which removes the bootable flag from the usb if allowed to boot after flashing with the flash drive still inserted.
The noforce option requires you to press the power button to confirm that you want to flash the box and prevents an endless loop of flashing if you forget to remove it.
If you use Bootice to repartition your usb's they will all be bootable again. http://www.willobuild.xyz/files/Utilities/Preparing Flash Drives.zip

thanks, will give that a go next time.

so.. I had it working, then decided to switch the usbs over and broke the epg. So thought i would go through the guide again and have managed to break it :(

i have managed to install openvix but cannot get willbuild back on. I try installing it using putty and get the message below:
ds/zgemmah7/openvix-5.4.009.release-zgemmah7_usb.zip
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 83408750 (80M) [application/zip]
Saving to: ‘latestvix.zip’

latestvix.zip 0%[ ] 0 --.-KB/s in 0s

Cannot write to ‘latestvix.zip’ (Success).

is there a different command for this?

thanks, will give that a go next time.

so.. I had it working, then decided to switch the usbs over and broke the epg. So thought i would go through the guide again and have managed to break it :(

i have managed to install openvix but cannot get willbuild back on. I try installing it using putty and get the message below:
ds/zgemmah7/openvix-5.4.009.release-zgemmah7_usb.zip
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 83408750 (80M) [application/zip]
Saving to: ‘latestvix.zip’

latestvix.zip 0%[ ] 0 --.-KB/s in 0s

Cannot write to ‘latestvix.zip’ (Success).

is there a different command for this?
You need storage mounted as /media/hdd
The epg is saved to the storage drive so removing it will remove the epg.

Back