Help setting up X96 Mini box please.

Zigza

Hi, could you please give me a few tips on setting up the X96 Mini box for IPTV
Never even seen one of these before until it arrived this morning :)

Thanks in advance.

You will need a app like iptv smarters or a STB emulator depending on your provider but any decent iptv provider would give you the option to use either. I would also recommend hard wiring the box using ethernet over WiFi if possible.

You will need a app like iptv smarters or a STB emulator depending on your provider but any decent iptv provider would give you the option to use either. I would also recommend hard wiring the box using ethernet over WiFi if possible.

Thank you rpidemon, yes, my provider help me and I have installed perfect player, I seen ones talking about the smarters app, I don't know what one is best. Thanks for your advice.

I have not used perfect player but smarters is great on the firestick. Really easy to use navigation wise. Nothing to fancy just what you see is what you get ideal for the kids and Mrs who just want it on channels without faffing about with menus, settings etc.

Thank you, can I have both apps install at the same time and try them both out then remove the one I don't want?

Last edited:
Hello yes its possible to install both apps so you can try each one to see which is best, just to let you know there has been an issue with certain providers over the epg with perfect player it doesnt connect to the epg url.

I personally like 'TV Launcher' better that the launcher which normally comes installed. It won't make any difference to the apps you use, just the navigation to those apps.

You can have as many apps as you want installed (space dependant) so there would be no need to remove smarters/PP, you can just leave them both.

Have as many apps as you like but make sure you close one before opening another or it might cause a conflict with your IPTV or your provider may think you are running your sub on more than one device.

Back