Help with my zgemma h9s.

If you are intending to use oscam, why are you referring to CCcam.cfg?

You have to edit the oscam.server file with your details. Each line is connection to a server. If you have not opened the file from willo3092, I suggest you do so. It should become clearer. Use a linux compatible text editor like notepad++, not windows notepad

Download filrs from link below
WilloBuild

Each c-line looks like so
Code:
[reader]
label = sky-cline-server
protocol = cccam
device = server,port
user = username
password = password
inactivitytimeout = 30
group = 1
cccversion = 2.3.2

Edit the following lines to make your connection

device = server,port
user = username
password = password

Sorry pablo. I don't quite understand. I've got two lots of clines which are both oscam servers. One is a life time package which has 7 clines, and the other is just one do they go in the same CCcam.cfg as well as CCcam clines, or do they go somewhere else. Also I'm not sure what you mean when you said paste them all in, then delete, and then text them in there first, then close the file.
Again, when you said to "use CCcam2.3.2 softcam to view channels" Where will I that on my box.
I'm so sorry for so many questions, but I am new to this, and I am really trying, but I'm finding it a bit confusing. I must have tried at least a dozen times to add oscam to my box with the same results. Thats why I have two different oscam servers, I purchased the one month one in case my life time one was corrupt or something. Thanks for being patient with me pablo, I do appreciate your help on this.

You can click the like button at any point (y)

if your supplier(s have sent you C lines in this format:
C: server 12345 username password
you can copy/paste them all into CCcam.cfg
I didn't say text them in and delete, when you open the CCcam.cfg file it will probably be full of text, quite possibly German
Delete all that - everything
Then paste all your C lines in, then close it, so it looks like this:
C: server1 12345 user password
C: server2 54321 user password
C: server3 12345 user password
C: server4 12345 user password
C: server5 54321 user password
C: server6 12345 user password
C: server7 54321 user password
C: server8 12345 user password

Obviously using the lines sent to you by your provider, forget about oscam for now, once all your C lines are in and you've scanned for channels they should play using the CCcam softcam

It's not confusing, you are confusing one thing with another one, by the way I am also old, also ugly (y)

You can click the like button at any point (y)

if your supplier(s have sent you C lines in this format:
C: server 12345 username password
you can copy/paste them all into CCcam.cfg
I didn't say text them in and delete, when you open the CCcam.cfg file it will probably be full of text, quite possibly German
Delete all that - everything
Then paste all your C lines in, then close it, so it looks like this:
C: server1 12345 user password
C: server2 54321 user password
C: server3 12345 user password
C: server4 12345 user password
C: server5 54321 user password
C: server6 12345 user password
C: server7 54321 user password
C: server8 12345 user password

Obviously using the lines sent to you by your provider, forget about oscam for now, once all your C lines are in and you've scanned for channels they should play using the CCcam softcam

It's not confusing, you are confusing one thing with another one, by the way I am also old, also ugly (y)
Thanks again pablo. I'm now going to try this. I never used to be ugly, until I got involved with this.

Thanks again pablo. I'm now going to try this. I never used to be ugly, until I got involved with this.

Make sure you have CCcam2.3.2 softcam installed if using CCcam.cfg file, otherwise you may need to edit the oscam.server file with your line details as previouly said

@davexxxx you are ignoring what everyone else is saying.
Read and absorb other posts in this thread
The softcams are all available and easily installed, and when the lines are in the correct location
And the correct softcams are installed
The box springs to life, that's all there is to it, that's all thee ever was to it

Not sure if it is uploaded on this forum.

OpenVix uses different locations/control method to OpenATV/PLI. Don't use any ipk.

Are you saying you don't want to use Oscam?

Not sure if it is uploaded on this forum.

OpenVix uses different locations/control method to OpenATV/PLI. Don't use any ipk.

Are you saying you don't want to use Oscam?
Yes, I definitely want to use oscam, thats why I've just purchased them, but its getting a bit of a headache now. I've just tried again, its the same as before, and its all froze up again. I now have to unplug from socket, switch back on and do yet another factory reset

@davexxxx you are ignoring what everyone else is saying.
Read and absorb other posts in this thread
The softcams are all available and easily installed, and when the lines are in the correct location
And the correct softcams are installed
The box springs to life, that's all there is to it, that's all thee ever was to it
Sorry you think that pablo, but I can assure you I'm not intentionally ignoring what everyone is saying. Its just to much at once, and I can't seem to take it all in for some reason. I'm starting to get bit embarrassed I'm not normally this thick. I tried again from filezilla. It said it was sent, but when I checked my box, it said, and did the same as before. It freezes up and I have to unplug it from mains, and switch it back on and do a factory reset. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. My box is also saying: webif is not enabled, but when I go to setings it says it is !

You can't factory reset zgemma boxes unless you want to make things worse.
If you do, you will need to reflash the box as it will be completely blank, no openvix or openatv

What image is on the box
press menu>information>about

there will be a version number showing on the screen, what is it?

But if he is using openvix and want to use oscam he will need to download plugins feed--softcams oscam latest.

A handy tool is cccam to oscam converter that changes lines from mgcamd and cccam to oscam readers.

You can't factory reset zgemma boxes unless you want to make things worse.
If you do, you will need to reflash the box as it will be completely blank, no openvix or openatv

What image is on the box
press menu>information>about

there will be a version number showing on the screen, what is it?
Okay pablo, The reason I factory reset is, if I don't Nothing works, it freezes, and I can't even switch it off. I have to unplug it from mains, and then plug it back in and switch it on again, and then do the reset before it freezes again. what I have in information/about is this: from the top, Virtuosso Image Xtreme, by team ViX, then Model, Chipset, CPU, then Image, which is 5.2.045 (release) -eMMC slot in use for image root. Followed by Drivers: 2019-05-24 then Kernel: 4.4.35 then G Streamer: 1.14.4 then Python: 2.7.13 then Installed: 2019-07.18 then Last update:2019-07-17 thenE2 (re) starts: 1 then Skin: ViX-Night-HD (1280 x 720) and finally System temp: 55 c Thats all there is. I hope this helps.

ok the box needs reflashing, also you NEVER factory reset any enigma2 box, it's not needed - ever.
You need to decide what image you wish to use, openatv or openvix

The "factory reset" function in Enigma2 images is a misleading term. It is harmless. It is also useless for what people think it does.

It only wipes out content of /etc/Enigma2

If you want to factory reset a receiver, flash the original image it came with.

If you want to start from scratch, flash an image of your choice, do not restore previous settings.

As far as I understand what stage you are at, you are meant to be putting your c-lines into oscam.server file. If you are at a different stage, say what you are doing.

The oscam.server file will be usable in any image of your choice. Get that right first.

If you want to reflash.
Download:
Blue, Vix, Image Manager, Download, choose the image you want to download (you can download openatv too)

Flash:
Blue, Vix, Image Manager, flash(blue), select image, select image slot (as you have multiboot receiver)

ok the box needs reflashing, also you NEVER factory reset any enigma2 box, it's not needed - ever.
Right I've had a look ay the
Like I said, if I didn't It wont stop freezing, and its the only way I can switch it off, and stop it freezing up again. Regarding the image, which would you suggest ?

....also you NEVER factory reset any enigma2 box, it's not needed - ever.
It is useful to a degree. It removes user settings, lamedb and bouquets. You are made to go through first install wizard after restart.

There is no harm in it. But it is not effective as reflash without restore

Back