How many channels can I record at once?

Pretty simple question, If I have my VM cable split going into my twin tuner Vu+ Solo SE V2, How many channels can I watch/record at the same time? I'll have a N-Line too.

might be 2 recordings all depends what tp channels are on ,sat i recorded 3 programs on each tuner=6 and leaves only viewing on that tp used or look at recordings on hd.
recordings come first.

Why can a satellite tuner record multiple channels if their both in the same polarisation, yet a cable based tuner can only record one channel per tuner?

I didnt think a sat tuner can record multiple channels - not simultaneously anyway

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Fantastic, I assumed (wrongly) that only one at a time. Learn something every day

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Fantastic, I assumed (wrongly) that only one at a time. Learn something every day
Haha, no problem mate. I've seen a couple people mention recording multiple channels simultaneously on sat tuners, but the limitation is polarisation and frequency range I think. That's why I was enquiring as to why cable tuners can only record one channel at once, because I don't think they have to deal with polarisation or multiplex issues. Anyone who reads this and knows, feel free to inform us. Great to learn new stuff!

when you choose a channel to record on a single tuner box you can only rec/see that but if you go up or down channel list many are greyed out =no entry but ones not greyed out are on same tp and viewable if you want or record that also is what i did,having all 3 nothing left to record.

i have not yet tried that on cable but might for a test.

i think it's the same really as channels are grouped together, I've recorded three yet managed to watch a forth with three tuners. but the normal rule is one tuner one recording.

Back