How to flash Arnet Kryptview - Firmware Loading Guide / Tutorial .

HiTecK

Administrator
Staff member
How To Flash The Kryptview.

Note: Before being able to download from Techkings you will have to have a post count of 1 or above!.

There is also a Video Tutorial at the bottom of the page.

For the Kryptview you will need the Loader
downtool.png
which is Here.

Then you will need to download the Bin file which you can get Here

Download both the loader and Bin file and save them to your Desktop.

Open the Loader
downtool.png
, once opened you will have a box load like this.

loader1.png

Click on the green download button,

loader2.png

Once you have pressed the download button you will see another box load like below,

loaderopenedbox3.png

Press open and select the Bin file that you saved to your desktop earlier highlighted in yellow,

openbinkrypt.png

Press open then the box will load like below with the Bin file selected.

startdownloadkrypt.png

Now turn off your Kryptview, press Start then turn the Kryptview back on. You should now see the firmware starting to load,

downloading-1.png

Once done you will see this message,

downloadsuc-1.png

Once finished let the box reboot and then your done, congratulations.

Attachments

• Kryptvirew Arnet Flashing guide techkings.org.rar
    427.6 KB · Views: 940
i can get to step 6 of that, if anyone has any ideas why i keep getting error msg "the downloading is not requesting" i would appreciate any help!
im using a null cable. tried two actually on both my desktop and my laptop. same result.
when i switch power on kryptview i get a small green dot at the bottom right of the display screen. if i press standby nothing happens. if i press red red standby nothing happens(when trying to flash or otherwise). when i plugged it into tv it just had a blue blank screen.
not sure if there is something wrong with it or is it just me!! its a brand new Kryptview A750. if anyone has any ideas, i welcome them greatly !! thanks a lot :willy nilly:

ok turn ya box off then click start then download

also check ya com port.......it mite not be com1 as it diagram try 2/3/4

any probs come bak :grin:

thanks for replying gazza
i tried it with the power off , than with it off and pressing start and counting to two and switching it on, than with the power on and pressing the red button red button stand by button after the start button.all these methods iv tried a few times to no avail. i also tried changing the port on the kv loader to com2, com3 com4 and no joy. should i change any settings in the device manager port properties do u think? is it normal for a new KV A750 to just have the green light at the bottom right of the display screen when its first switched on? thanks for all your help.

Last edited:
thanks for replying gazza
i tried it with the power off , than with it off and pressing start and counting to two and switching it on, than with the power on and pressing the red button red button start button.all these methods iv tried a few times to no avail. i also tried changing the port on the kv loader to com2, com3 com4 and no joy. should i change any settings in the device manager port properties do u think? is it normal for a new KV A750 to just have the green light at the bottom right of the display screen when its first switched on? thanks for all your help.

defo change in devise manager

try and plug ya box in2 ya tv and see if it works ok

it should have FTA software on it....

are u using vista or XP...........also do u have AVG anti virus installed...

what should i change in device manager gaz?

when i plug it into tv i see a blue screen, if i press the buttons on teh remote or on the front of the box, nothing happens. at least the tv is picking up the box as it automatically switches to AV when i switch on the box.

What is FTA software? and where do i get it.

Both laptop and desktop are XP - both have 9 pin port and i got same result in both.

I am using norton on my laptop(as its a work one, i realise norton is rubbish)
I am using Rising Antivirus on my Desktop.

1. Go to the Start Menu
2. Right click on "My Computer"
3. Select "Properties"
4. Click on the "Hardware" tab
5. Click on "Device Manager"
6. Click the + sign next to "Ports (COM & LPT)"
7. One of the listed ports should indicate which port your 9 pin serial socket is connected to (e.g. COM1, COM2, COM3, etc.)
8. Go back to loader, (loader) and make sure it is looking at the correct port.
9. You should be able to transfer data once the correct port is selected

Follow my advice to step 7. Locate your serial (port *)

Right click on that port and select properties. Then select port settings, then select advanced. At the bottom of that tab will be a drop down box with the port selected (port * in your case). Use the drop down to select another port (eg 1, 2 or 3). If the port you want to use is already allocated to something else, you can use the same procedure to reassign that port after you have finished.

Save the selections in the usual way. The USB converter will be permanently assigned to the port you selected.

thanks hi teck but its not a usb converter im using its a null modem
and when i go to advanced settings and look at com port number its already set to com1?

Yeah I noticed that fin thats wht it says "7. One of the listed ports should indicate which port your 9 pin serial socket is connected to (e.g. COM1, COM2, COM3, etc.)

So when you look at that it is set to com1, and you have your loader set to com1. Have you flashed any other receivers with that cable your using?.

yeah the device manager says when i plus the ports

communications port (com1)
i presume thats my 9 pin serial socket port

i flashed a eurovox no bother at all with same cable on my desktop, it worked without a glitch, i subsequently updated it with firmware as new firmware came out on it with no problems at all.

Can you plug the eurovox in just to test the cable and upload your cdf to your pc. Wont affect your box, its just a way of seeing if your pc is getting through to your box.

Yes mate I would send the box back for a replacement providing you are following everything said correctly, where did you get it from.

i got the eurovox from them and had no problems. hope they dont give me any hassle. il let you know. thanks for all your help

They should be ok mate, let us if there not. Best of luck mate and if you need more help just come back. Always glad to help out :).

kryptview a750

I just bought a kryptview box I am based in Dublin - it receives the signal from NTL but says its scrambled. I need to unscramble it. I see some postings talking about FLASH the box - is that the same thing?
Do the instructions on the web also inclide the codes?
as you can see I dont know much about this
any help from anyone would be great.. or is there anyone in Dublin who wants to come and do it for me for a few euro???
Hope to hear from somone
Thanks

Back