Cable How to permanently record timeshift upon switching over to a new channel

I have a Zgemma configured with a HDD. Recording and Timeshift works fine.
But when I switch to a new channel, how can I get it to record the whole timeshift programme permanently? If I press the Record button midway, it will only only permanently record the programme from the point I pressed the record button. So hence, just like a Sly HD Box, when I press the record button I want the Zgemma box to record the whole programme from the point I switched over to that channel.
Note: I can only see the permanent recordings listings on my HDD folder. Not sure where the Timeshift recordings are temporarily stored - which I presume are being automatically deleted upon switching to another channel???

Cant be cable as that is gone is it sat and does your box have twin sat tuners as not sure if you can switch tuner on timeshift?

Cant be cable as that is gone is it sat and does your box have twin sat tuners as not sure if you can switch tuner on timeshift?
You're misunderstanding my question. It's got nothing to do with the number of tuners or whether I'm in sly or cable. Read my question again.

Check your settings in recording & timeshift/ timeshift settings
Settings are correct. Maybe it's me not explaining my query properly. If you have a sky box you will understand what I mean. When switching to another channel, and I press record later on the recording starts from that point onwards. How do I get it to record from the beginning immediately when I switch over the to a new channel?

Back