How To Softmod Your Wii (Version 4.2 Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am about 186 or so, but like the thoughts of having a hard copy, though i know what you are saying, it would take a long time to put all the games on one by one.

by the way sinno, what size hard drive holds 300, a 500G? or do you have more than 1?

More than 1 wheelo,i toyed with a tb but uloader was the only 1 that would read it so i have 2 500gb and filling up fast

Sinno, got everything working. The updated 4.2 newer model files and instructions do not include how to install the neo?? app? is this needed? or just uloader, put the backup iso's on the usb hdd and go? Thanks in advance.

okay i have a new problem...i just tried to pop in wii resort and it said that i need to update my wii! im at verson 4.2 so i dont know what to do now? thanks for the help

All of the loaders can be put on in wad format,i will put together a package if you need them with channels

Benzo get pre loader .029 and install it to your wii,get the hacks ini file for your 4.2 and turn off system update check on games

Can people in here use the thank you button rather than just post thanks. Makes it easier for people to find what they want rather than having to sift through a load of thank you posts.

Please follow what HiTeck has posted. All posts with this type of message will be deleted as they serve no benefit to the thread. Thank you.

well done benzo, it is a daunting task first time around, but after that it gets easier, but as usual, a lot of thanks has to go to Sinno for helping you out.

Im going to give this a go tonight. only thing is im running 4.0E. So going to first have to try update to 4.2. Hopefully everything goes well

does this softmod allow you to load any games the wii supports (SNES, NES, ect.) and can you load from the SD port? thanks

Sorry if this been asked before but for the formatting SD card part...all I need to do is formatted the File System into FAT32 or is that not a requirement?

If someone has some insight to my problem it would be greatly appreciated. When I do this stem (above) I get an error! (ret = -1), I've tried this multiple times and get the same error. Any Ideas?

I'm having the same problem as well, has there been any solution to this as of late? I first was using this guide until I run into error while trying to delete the 4 ISOs in step 2...afterward I went ahead and use the other guide provided by sinno, with it I got pass the 4 ISOs deletion errors...now I'm stuck on step 7 (of the other guide) which is step 9 (on this guide) :bang head: I've also try reformatting and redownloading a few times but still no luck. Would be awesome if someone could point me in the right direction.

Is the "Neo.wad"/Neo Gamma a necessity since I already have the CIOSrev 14 installed which allow me to run backup games (according to jafaze's guide)...haven't try doing the DOP-ISO part yet since I don't wanna skip step and maybe cause some unwanted problem to my wii :)

Tonyt32136,try installing to 250 instead of 249,you will still need neogamma,if you dont want neo get configurable loader and load fron usb

tony ciosrev 14 is outdated now so get ciosrev17 it is better than 19,that error can often mean the cios did not install correctly or is outdated,try above first and see how you get on

Last edited:
hi decoban, the address of the megaupload file is in the first post down near the bottom~(in a small rectangle with the word code above it). when you download this you will have all you need to softmod your Wii. Good luck, and if you need any help just post back

I am experiencing the problem with the 4 IOSes.
I tried Sinno's guide and I installed IOS236 first (like it says) but when I try to install IOS249, it tells me to select IOS236.

This is not one of my available options. ANy help?

Thanks for an awesome post(s)/guide(s)

Between the previous post and this one, I learned how to read..... I'll try not to be an idiot next time. Thanks.

EDIT ::Between the previous post and this one, I learned how to read..... I'll try not to be an idiot next time. Thanks.
:cheesy grin::cheesy grin::cheesy grin::cheesy grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back