How To Softmod Your Wii (Version 4.2 Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, Thank you. and I will have to do some reading up on the usb drive loader. I guess thats better anyway to never have to worry about disks at all. Just an extra step involved.

I booted it up and looked at the version info today. It say 4.2U. Does this affect anything or are those instructions (along with usb HHD) all I need. (I have compatable SD card and reader)

yep,use the guide i posted for the 4.2 and you should be good,the loaders i use are configurable loader,uloader and the latest neogamma,there is compatibility issues for some games thats why i have 3,make sure your memory has enough blocks open i think 512 is the absolute minimum,i am not 100% sure on that but i can find out if you want

Ok thanks Sinno. There are no saved games, memory is empty as this is a fresh box. I am going to grab a usb drive tinight and give it a try. I will post the results or problems.

Again, many thanks.

Still to be on the safe side,if there is a internet channel with a lot of blocks being used move it to the sd card

Can people in here use the thank you button rather than just post thanks. Makes it easier for people to find what they want rather than having to sift through a load of thank you posts.

hey so i did every thing...i modded it.. i got homebrew channel and neogamma...but im trin to figure out the dvdx thing....dont know how to play dvds??? i have a brand new balk 4.2 wii upgraded through nintendo...

I'm not sure you can,dvdx is not official nintendo and you will have the new drive that does'nt allow you play backups so i'm assuming it wont play dvds either,i will have a look around and see what others have to say

I'm not sure you can,dvdx is not official nintendo and you will have the new drive that does'nt allow you play backups so i'm assuming it wont play dvds either,i will have a look around and see what others have to say

From what i've been told the new chipset does not allow for dvd playback, including but not limited to backup games.

ok so dvds is not happin for 4.2...side question...so i downloaded and burned my first game i burnt its with x1 writing speed(mario brothers) and thried to load it with neogamma... its said dick error 100110 i think? wat did i do wrong?
and one more thing..this is the first time ive done this...is there a way that i could of mess up on softmoffing my wii? i have homebrew and neogamma. and im for so reason upgraded the ios to 250 so its not 249...i follow both wheelo's guide and the guide sinno posted to fix ios delete error...thought i just ask thanks...

Last edited:
Hi Benzo,your black wii came with a drive that will not allow you to use burned disc's,what you need is a usb loader,my preffered one is configurable loader,you can put your game onto a usb stick or a external hard drive and load the games directly from there,no need for disc's at all

I have the white Wii and can use burned disc's but I still prefer to use the loader with an external HD like sinno mentioned above. I have 65 games on an external HD thanks to Linny ;) and it saves the kids scratching all the discs.

Same for me HiTeck, though i do burn a spare copy in case the hard drive breaks down irretrievably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back