How To Softmod Your Wii (Version 4.2 Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I have HBC. All of the steps for Gaf's worked and I have been trying to run a backed up game through Neo Gamma and I just keep getting an error, Disk Id. I will take a look at that guide and see if there is anything that I have missed.

Unfortunately that download link is not active. Is there a mirror I can use?

Thanks

i have you now,your wii may have a drive that wont allow playing backup discs,get yourself configurable usb loader,i will look into that link
that link is a poblem with the rapidshare server 41 and will be sorted later on,im getting a mirror up for you on megaupload

Last edited:
cant install the ios249

Hi everyone, the last time I tried to hack the wii was about a year ago, and it worked flawlessly, now im trying to load the usbloader thingy, which also requires the ios249 or so i understand, but whenever im trying to install it, it just freezes and my wiimote becomes unresponsive.

I should mention Im trying to use the guide mentioned here, my wii is v 4.2u, I already had HBC installed, so i dunno what else to do, I dont know how to uninstall the HBC (if that is what is stopping me from doing this?).

I am trying to load the usbloader so i can just load the ISO of my games, I already lost the disc for the first Wii fit, therefore I could not bring my profile to wii fit 2, and since i just realized it is possible to backup with the WBFS (installed) and load it from the usb hdd then that has become my goal, however im stuck i dont know what else to do.

I have tried dop ios, wad manager, with the same bad results, any advice would be appreciated.:bang head:

sorry for the double post but, i forgot to mention, that when they say the other method: to first go the sd card and then install the HBC, dvdx and bootmii as ios and/or boot2; I dont have that option, since of course, HBC is already installed, the only thing I get is the warning screen about it being a scam if u paid for it, and then it goes directly to install something which also freezes my wii again, it just gets stuck in it, when i click on the bannerbom icon it doesnt run.

Hi screw3d2,were you always on 4.2 or did you update to 4.2 and homebrew stayed on your wii,give me a history of what you have done upto now and im sure we can sort you out

Hi screw3d2,were you always on 4.2 or did you update to 4.2 and homebrew stayed on your wii,give me a history of what you have done upto now and im sure we can sort you out

Well that is were the problem comes as well, i dont remember what was the version of the wii when i bought it, i checked the wii settings and it wants to update now, but i dont let it, and i dont think ( think being the keyword) that it was 4.2 always

But that is as far as i remember, i bought it, about this time last year. :whistling:

UPDATE:

ok so still not working but this is a new problem now:

First let me tell you what I did, I format the wii system memory, I formatted the sd card, i uninstalled the HBC and whatelse is there, and I started from zero.

I installed first the bootmii as instructed, then the HBC and then DVDX.

Second, I copied the files from step2 to my sd card, I replaced all the files, and merged the one folder that asked me to, I put the card onto the wii, clicked on the sd card and then it asked me if i wantyed to load the file boot.dol/elf, i accepted,m then of course the scam warning, then. the wad manager screen asking me to choose from where, i choose the wii sd card. We move onto the next screen and press A to continue, but it says:

Mounting device, please wait ....ERROR! (ret=-1) Press any button to continue, but I cant find the ANY button on my wii!, jk, so anyways thats as far as i get! I can not get past that screen.:whacko:

Last edited:
Ok screw3d2,
try this for me

if that fails you can try this

And dont worry there is always a solution

Hey thank you very much I really appreciate you taking the time to try and make it work.

It is 9:30pm here, so it is too late for me to try, but tomorrow after i come to work ill get to try it, and ill post any results :cheesy grin:

Thank you very much again.

Thats what Techkings is all about,Helping where we can,good luck and the feedback is appreciated

Thats what Techkings is all about,Helping where we can,good luck and the feedback is appreciated

And help me is exactly what you are doing! ...OKAY!, success in installing the usbloader, so so far it seems to be working, im not stuck in the older screens, I have been able to install the wad manager, and the 2 ios 222 and 249, and then the installation of USBLoader went like a breeze, now all i need to do is a backup of my games, ill start with the remaining wii fit, but it is too late now to do it, so ill post tomorrow with the results, but, hey so far thank you very very very much sinno this last one seems to be going as suppossed!

Stay tuned for tomorrow final test of my backup!:happy:

This will work for all wii's except maybey korean,i dont know if it has been tested on the korean one's yet

I forgot to mention:

Yes, it is working, sorry it took me sooo long to post my results, im playing my games now from a 2 partitioned usb HDD, and everything is running smoothly.

Now if there would be a way to atach a usb dongle onto the wii usb plug and play directly from the isos on the pc,

Thank you very much.

Hello all. I am new to this forum but was set here by a friend. I notice this thread is a little old, but I am hoping to get the answers I need.

I just bought a brand new (black version) wii console today 6/12/10.

I understand the softmod process, having successfully done the same with other systems, but as this is my son's I want to make sure I am doing everything right. As of this date, are the files available here still working for the newest consoles?
Have any of the procedures or steps changed?

My reason, since these games are 50 a pop and my son is 10, I want to backup all the titles I just bought with the system, as well as the titles that came with the system, and let him play on the backup disks, putting the originals safely away. He is very hard on disks. I don't care about any other functions like playing dvd's or whatever, just want to play backups. Could someone point me in the right direction, or are the files and instructions included in this thread all I need to get this done from a complete scratch, never plugged in system?

Many, many thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back