How To Softmod Your Wii (Version 4.2 Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
A more up-to-date guide here.

How to softmod your Wii with version 4.2 software.

Tired of the kids scratching discs, which means another trip to the retailer and another purchase, well this is the solution. You can back up the games that you own and then play them using this tutorial. It sounds complicated, but it is easy really when you are following it on the screen.

EASIER UPDATED GUIDE HERE.

Download the "Wii Softmodding".rar file from the downloads section.

1.Put contents of “part 1 for 4.2” folder onto a formatted SD card, insert card into Wii.
Click on the sd icon on the Wii screen, it will then ask “load Boot.dol”, select yes.
It then asks you to press 1 to continue.

2.You will be offered the options of the homebrew channel, DVDX, and Bootmii, select Bootmii first, it will ask do you want to continue, select yes.
Install Bootmii as both, boot 2 and as an ios if possible. To do this select up/down until you have selected install as a boot 2, press A button. It will tell you it is done do you want to continue, select yes.
The Wii runs a test, says “success” continue, select yes.
Do the same for install as an ios, then DVDX, then homebrew channel.
When this is done select exit

3.Take out SD card, restart the wii.

4.Add contents of folder “part 2” onto the SD card, when prompted “do you want to replace file” select yes to all.

5.Put SD card back into the Wii, select the sd card from the Wii menu. Load the wad manager.
It asks, which ios to use, ignore this and press A.
You are asked to select source device, press left/right on the wii controller until “Wii SD slot” is selected, press A and a list of 4 ios’s will appear.
select the first and you will be asked to select action, press left/right until the option uninstall wad is displayed, press A. It will then prompt you to press any button to continue.
Then do the same with the other three ios files.

6.Restart your Wii

7.Take SD card out of wii and put the contents of “part 3” folder onto the SD card, again if it asks do you want to replace files, select” yes to all”.

8.Insert card in the Wii, select the homebrew channel – “Dop-ios” and “wad Manager” banners appear onscreen, press the home button on the Wii controller and select “launch Bootmii”, the custom ios installer screen appears.
You are asked to select ios to use during installation, press left/right on controller until “do not reload ios” appears then press A to continue, press A to agree. Select “wad installation” and press A. Successful message will appear on the screen, press any button to restart Wii.

9.Open the homebrew menu, then select wad manager and press A.
You will be asked which ios do you want to use, press left/right until ios249 is shown, select this press A. At “select emulator device”, choose “SD/SDHC card” press A.
At “Select source device” choose “Wii SD slot” press A, it should install.

10.Restart Wii.
In Wad manager select “ios 249” as the ios version to use, press A.
At “select emulator device” choose SD card, at “select source device” choose wii SD card”
A list of ios’s along with “neor7.wad” appears, select neor wad press A.
You are asked to choose action, use left/right until install wad appears, press A to select.the .wad is installed then you are asked to press any button to continue.
Press the homebutton and the Wii will restart. When you are on the wii menu, you will now notice that you have two new channels, the homebrew channel and the neogamma channel.

11.Open the homebrew channel and then load “Dop-ios”, you will be asked which ios you want to Dop, use left/right to choose “ios 70” press A to install. It will take a few moments , then say installation complete, press any key to continue.
You will now be back in the homebrew channel, press the home button and return to the wii menu, and you are ready to go.
You no longer need the SD card in the Wii.

THIS IS ONLY TO BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH A WII WHICH HAS SOFTWARE VERSION 4.2.

Techkings takes no responsibility for anything that goes wrong while installing this software.

This may also nullify your warranty from Nintendo.

for a short time this is the link for the software
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7WB1YCNO

Last edited:
wow genius ill try it asap thx!

dont forget that this is for a Wii with the latest Software (4.2) on it ONLY, so if you are going to do it to upgrade to the latest software or wait till i get a chance to do one for the other softwares(y)

just saw this thanks

so does this mean i can download games now for it instead of buyin them like the
DS

I find downloading wii games from newsgroups to be the best option for speed. With a 20mb connection, I can do a game in 30 mins, try doing that with a shitty torrent site. OK IPTorrents ain't bad, but it's aprivate tracker!

Every wii game should unrar to 4.37g unless it's a duel layer! but there ain't too many of them about ATM.

Use IMGburn for burning iso and regionfrii for changing from NTSC to PAL or vice versa!

People have always talked about what speed to burn at saying 2x is best, personally I have only ever burnt at 8x with DVD+R or DVD-R, the other option is using USB loader which cancels out discs, this seems to be the prefered method nowadays!

Goodluck!

thats true rizlaskins, until the hard drive breaks down, which is why i make backup hard copies as well as keeping the hard drive connected(y)
now explain news groups if you would, cheers, and is regionfrii a freeware?

right Wheelo

lookin at your above post about softmoddin

have you done this at all is it as complicated as it looks on paper ?

am goin to try it in the comin days and was wondering should i shave me head now as to avoid the

stress of pullin it out?

its a bit of both moggser, as you read what appears on the tv screen and read the tut you will see what i mean by each instruction. its a bit daunting the first time around, but i did another since and i managed it no problem. you were involved in the ad dodgybox discussions if i remember correctly, and if you can do those boxes, this is easy too.

what software have you on your wii?

its a bit of both moggser, as you read what appears on the tv screen and read the tut you will see what i mean by each instruction. its a bit daunting the first time around, but i did another since and i managed it no problem. you were involved in the ad dodgybox discussions if i remember correctly, and if you can do those boxes, this is easy too.

what software have you on your wii?

yeah i was in with the boxs alright

no idea whats on the wii as it was not really used since my little one got it last xmass

ok so, to find it, power it on, in the bottom left of the screen is the word Wii, click on it, then go into settings and in the top right of the screen is the version number.

can i just remind all that this is only for 4.2, for other software i can point you in the right direction, just post here what software is on your wii and i will get back to you

goto post 15 and tell me what your software is 122 boy, just by the way why 122, are you irish and along the 122 route?

cant do it yet until santa delivers the childs one on christmas day but looking forward to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back