I have been looking around at so called cheap subs between £20 and £30

Can't expect to get the best providers even you barely been here long enough and not contributed in any shape or form.

This is something I've only recently picked up on. When I first joined I thought a large part of things was allowing the good providers on here to get business but now that I've been around for several months I see much more of that community sense, some of which is fairly 'guarded' if you know what I mean. A lot of the rationale for that has been explained well in this thread.
If we get complaints here about people conning others they don't remain here for very long. So if a member has longevity and a higher user rank be assured they didn't get that easily especially if they're selling.

Thanks for explaining that. I did have a good chuckle to myself last night reading about you dealing with that Peter knobheadcantrememberhisname. As someone said earlier, going with someone that's been a contributor here for a good amount of time removes a lot of the risk, as you guys would have picked up on anyone that's been ripping people off.

btw - is this site affiliated with any other 'kings' website of old? This must be the 4th site I've been a member of with kings in the name, I'm thinking back to the old CC days when I recall learning loads from those sites before they were forced to....rebrand, shall we say.

This is something I've only recently picked up on. When I first joined I thought a large part of things was allowing the good providers on here to get business but now that I've been around for several months I see much more of that community sense, some of which is fairly 'guarded' if you know what I mean. A lot of the rationale for that has been explained well in this thread.

Thanks for explaining that. I did have a good chuckle to myself last night reading about you dealing with that Peter knobheadcantrememberhisname. As someone said earlier, going with someone that's been a contributor here for a good amount of time removes a lot of the risk, as you guys would have picked up on anyone that's been ripping people off.

btw - is this site affiliated with any other 'kings' website of old? This must be the 4th site I've been a member of with kings in the name, I'm thinking back to the old CC days when I recall learning loads from those sites before they were forced to....rebrand, shall we say.
No we are the Kings of forums lol

No affiliation to any other forums. Other forums have cropped up using "kings" with similar content to here after we became quite big but we certainly wasn't the first to use it.
There's a few sites kicking about that even have nearly all of our name in the address just arranged differently trying to piggyback on our traffic.

Just a group of people that got to know each other on a forum called Afterdawn well over 10 year ago.
We gave their site a huge amount of traffic with our threads but were constantly over moderated and looked down on for "stealing TV" so we made this place and took all their members along with their traffic :LOL:.
I still even have one of their cups I won in a competition.

20201227_194515.jpg

Last edited:
No affiliation to any other forums. Other forums have cropped up using "kings" with similar content to here after we became quite big but we certainly wasn't the first to use it.
There's a few sites kicking about that even have nearly all of our name in the address just arranged differently trying to piggyback on our traffic.

Just a group of people that got to know each other on a forum called Afterdawn well over 10 year ago.
We gave their site a huge amount of traffic with our threads but were constantly over moderated and looked down on for "stealing TV" so I made this place and took all their members along with their traffic :LOL:.

View attachment 57154

Nice one mate. If they didn't appreciate you and others then they deserved what they got.

Starting this place was best decision you could ever made mate.

We gave their site a huge amount of traffic with our threads but were constantly over moderated and looked down on for "stealing TV" so we made this place and took all their members along with their traffic :LOL:.

View attachment 57154
I am sure years ago that forum was mainly for hacking consoles

I do not post on here often and I would if I had half the knowledge as some of the guy's on here to help someone,but I have learnt quite a lot reading posts and some people have gone the extra mile to help but as someone who is in his late sixties I have to rely on trial and error when purchasing a sub and fully understand why the best supplier may not make contact. I have purchased subs for relative's and friends on here with varying degrees of success in terms of quality, I only now purchase month to month now so if goes wrong it I will not lose as much as I have done in the past paying for 12 months and supplier or reseller disappear and I no longer buy for anyone else because of grief I was getting if anything went off especially EPL block.
Thanks for you guys for patience and help.

This is a good thread that highlights the problems from both ends. I have been lucky to have had help and information over the years, from Skybox days when I didn't know my a**e from my elbow about anything. I was lucky that I read a lot, and asked what I didn't know, and ended up with a working box and line for years, and a great line provider. Fast forward to today, and I've had advice from Vets and VIps here from the start of my iptv journey.

But, it is now a given that there are so many sharks out there promising the earth and f*ckin off with money when something goes wrong, in all walks of life. I've had this with Whirlpool and Harveys Furniture and battled for months to get money back from these corporate sharks that give you a loop to follow when you complain. What makes anyone think it doesn't happen with some resellers? So, Who to trust?
The guys I've mentioned I would trust straight away if they recommended someone for a sub, as they have helped without wanting anything in return, and I thought previously of asking prior to my son coming up with the sub I've got, that while not 100% flawless, works 99% of the time, even with 3pm kick offs. The odd occasion when it doesn't work, I curse the loss, but think " I'm paying relatively FA to get all these channels, could still have paid a lot more for Sly's or BT's piss poor stuff". But I haven't asked the guys who helped, because it's not their job. They recommend, and the first glitch and their msg box would be overflowing with disgruntled punters, using them as the middleman.

I don't see any way for recommendations or reviews to work. It doesn't work for Tripadvisor where I've seen 20 different hotels in Dubai have the exact same replies from the manager or front desk, all exact word copies, or the useless Amazon reviews that are done by a chinese bot.
The only way is to do the way the forum does, if requesting, look at the replies and make your own choice. If it's too good to be true: it is. If it is so cheap below the others: they will * off when things go wrong, if they want to know everything up to your inside leg measurement: not worth the hassle. Good luck to all this New Year, stay safe.

Back