idiotic sayings

You should have read the Shakespeare one where the bard observed 'the apparel doth oft proclaim the man". Hamlet it was.

It was in the bible before that, circa 1 AD Proverbs 25:
3 As the heavens are high and the earth is deep, so the hearts of kings are unsearchable. 4 Remove the dross from the silver, and a silversmith can produce a vessel; 5 remove wicked officials from the king’s presence, and his throne will be established through righteousness. 6 Clothes maketh not the man. 7 Don't put a c line in a newcamd.list

Mark Twain said, "Clothes make a man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Is this a completely different meaning..?

Which is accurate:

Drink is the curse of the working Class...Karl Marx
Work is the curse of the drinking class...Oscar Wilde

I'm with Oscar on this one

We have some great sayings in Welsh Wales. Whose coat is that Jacket? In conversation, so I turned around and said. Can't ever remember turning around at all.

You should always expect the unexpected.

I'm unexpecting to be butt raped by space lizards, so if I now assign that as expected, what is now unexpected? - winning the lottery twice in a month, great, I'm now expecting that, along with the lizard thing, what else is unexpected, maybe the king and Camilla will turn up with that Kate bird and ask me to lash one up her on will's behalf, so I'm expecting that, ..expecting the unexpected isn't going to work I don't think unless what you're expecting is for feck all to be any different

Back