"idiots guide" to installing sucmnsee's image with EVERY step explained in detail

i have a wireless dongle for f5s .can i use this with zgemma. if yes do i need any other plugin .

No plug in needed, I use the my old one from F5s box in Zgemma. Do not use the network wizard though to install, use menu / setup / system / network / device setup / click on wlan connection then scan wireless networks and follow on screen instructions. If it doesn't connect change the encryption type/mode.

Word of warning hope your all changing the figure 8 power cable as 99% of them are serious fire risk as they looked fused but are actually hard wired !! Take fuse out the 3 pin plug and check [emoji106]

Hi I've installed sucemandsees back up but I have a Cline have you got a dummy guide for putting the Cline in please

Looking to find out how both tuners should read as I'm only using for cable! I have one cable feed for my H2 combo, which I'm told goes into the Rf port using an F connector.
Also when I've done service searching for VM Glasgow its symbol rate shows 6952, which is for Telewest. To hopefully get round this I've added in tuner configure also scan 6887.
So I've set tuner A which was the sat feed to not configured and Tuner B dvb/c to enabled, is this correct?
Gary

Looking to find out how both tuners should read as I'm only using for cable! I have one cable feed for my H2 combo, which I'm told goes into the Rf port using an F connector.
Also when I've done service searching for VM Glasgow its symbol rate shows 6952, which is for Telewest. To hopefully get round this I've added in tuner configure also scan 6887.
So I've set tuner A which was the sat feed to not configured and Tuner B dvb/c to enabled, is this correct?
Gary

Try it and see , also is there not a virgin Uddingston there as well

There only seems to be one Glasgow in the drop down menu, I know uddinsgtson used to flag up on the old KV boxes but again that was the drop down for Telewest. I've added the 0002 as net ID, what's confusing me is when you look at the net ID list provided on this site by a member I see 750000 next to it with 6887. I've done the 6887 bit, just wondering if there's anywhere I should be adding the 750000 as I've flashed the box and haven't come across anywhere to add this of yet.

Never added a number like that to mine , have you done a scan etc and added your line to see if it's actually working

The line side is cool, I'll sort that once I get it up and running as I should receive FTA anyway, I've followed the flash just not sure why it ain't on the drop down menu for service searching. Glasgow is net ID 0002 and the symbol rate is 6887, that's why I've added it to scan I'll post and let members know how I get on, new to me so all a learning curve so any help is appreciated

Hi all,

Stuck like a few more when installing this image.
First off it seemed to go alright but when I had it done all I had was the FTA channels.
Got my nline today kindly recommened by chap on here.
It stated in the email that :We have attached 3 files for your test as we support both clines and nlines.
So I edited the first line to match what he gave me but I never put in: CWS_KEEPALIVE = 60
Didnt know if that needed to go in. Because there was only 2 lines when I was presented with editing the file.
Also I shouldnt think its case sensitive.
My question I suppose is can I edit that now or do I have to flash again and go through the whole process.
It is kinda handy been able to input it through the keypad as opposed tto faffing about using FTP.
The line my supplier gave me Id imagine should be active straight away.
Anyway appreiate it if somebody might know someting about it or a way to check it.
BTW when I tried to choose Rep. of Ireland for my location cos thats where I am, i didnt get the option so I just chose Northern Ireland.

Bren.

Last edited:
Hi guys!!

I've had my box working ok for 5month ish then suddenly last wk I had no sly channels!! The line is fine as ive tried it in a f5s box!! I've also tried a different line in the zgemma which works on an f5s but that doesn't work either!!

I factory reset box and re-added the sucmnsee image which worked fine but when adding line it was a no go!!

Also when going bk into edit the line for the 3rd time there was no info and I couldn't edit line!!

Hope someone can help!!

Thanks

Rhodz

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

sorry, another stupid question or 2 , i noticed on the back of the box it has 2 feed ports, line a & line b, as i only have 1 cable coming from my dish do i need to by another cable or some sort of splitter & cable ? also i noticed in a earlier post in this thread that someone said you can rw/pause on this box, is that correct ??

sorry, another stupid question or 2 , i noticed on the back of the box it has 2 feed ports, line a & line b, as i only have 1 cable coming from my dish do i need to by another cable or some sort of splitter & cable ? also i noticed in a earlier post in this thread that someone said you can rw/pause on this box, is that correct ??

yes the zgemma 2s will take two feeds so you can watch on one while recording on other just like a sly hd box and yes you can timeshift also with it

run another feed from your lnb on dish will best best option, much better than splitter etc IMO

yes the zgemma 2s will take two feeds so you can watch on one while recording on other just like a sly hd box and yes you can timeshift also with it

so i do need a splitter/new cable ?? cheers for reply, or , any geordies about that want a few quid to set a box up ?
loll.gif

Last edited:
Hi all,

Stuck like a few more when installing this image.
First off it seemed to go alright but when I had it done all I had was the FTA channels.
Got my nline today kindly recommened by chap on here.
It stated in the email that :We have attached 3 files for your test as we support both clines and nlines.
So I edited the first line to match what he gave me but I never put in: CWS_KEEPALIVE = 60
Didnt know if that needed to go in. Because there was only 2 lines when I was presented with editing the file.
Also I shouldnt think its case sensitive.
My question I suppose is can I edit that now or do I have to flash again and go through the whole process.
It is kinda handy been able to input it through the keypad as opposed tto faffing about using FTP.
The line my supplier gave me Id imagine should be active straight away.
Anyway appreiate it if somebody might know someting about it or a way to check it.
BTW when I tried to choose Rep. of Ireland for my location cos thats where I am, i didnt get the option so I just chose Northern Ireland.

Bren.

Hi,
from memory, sucmnsee's image has a "dummy" nline Newcamd.list file present, that you can edit.
There are 2 "lines" listed - you can edit the first one to read "CWS_KEEPALIVE = 60", then save it, then move down to the second line and edit that one to be your actual line data, ie the "CWS = banana.no-ip.biz etc etc" info.
Thats what I did. Even though the CWS_KEEPALIVE" line is meant to be redundant and a legacy to the old ooooold boxes, my zgemma was not decoding scrambled channels if I watched freeview for a bit, or a recording - it was as if the decrypting module was going into standby and not coming back out it when I chose an encrypted channel, so I put that "not needed" line back in.

---------- Post Merged at 04:38 PM ----------

My actual instructions cover this very specific point - on this actual thread - this very one!
I give up......I really do......:damn:

The 4th blimmin paragraph - fourth.

I think Ive reached breaking point with this forum guys and people wanting spoon fed, or just not reading whats in front of them - need to take a break..

Now ready to scan for channels - how many "feeds" does your box have?
To do EPG and bouquet stuff you need 2 feeds.
If you have 2 feeds (which a typical Sky HD box will have), ignore the section below.
if you havent got 2 feeds, with the default settings your scans will fail giving an error message, so if you live in a flat etc and only have one feed do the following now: (if you ever get a second feed you will need to re enable it by reversing the below and do the scans again).
Go into menu, set up, service searching,tuner configuration.
go to tuner b, press ok, then in the next screen at Configuration mode, disable it by choosing Not Configured. Press ok then green to save then red to exit. You need to reset box to take effect.

Last edited:
Back