"idiots guide" to installing sucmnsee's image with EVERY step explained in detail

cheers, will give it a go.

Another quick one. I am best to use a HDD or a USB and what size of storage do i need?

Last edited:
It is up to you all depends how much recording you do I would normally say either 64gb up to 500gb is plenty

This Guide looks immense! Thinking about buying one of these. New to this so I will be following this guide on how to install the skyHD skin and getting all the channels. Just on question after all this work.. Will the channels auto update them self's? Also do I need to buy a channel list or can I download the one on AJlist?

So how do i get the Channels? or once I've gone through the setup will the channels be automatically scanned, added and there for update them self's or would I need to buy a Nline or CCcam line and enter that in for decryption of channels?

Thanks for your info it's very much appreciated.

So how do i get the Channels? or once I've gone through the setup will the channels be automatically scanned, added and there for update them self's or would I need to buy a Nline or CCcam line and enter that in for decryption of channels?

Thanks for your info it's very much appreciated.

If you use this image ( sucmnsee's ) you will only have to change the channels to your area and scan then you will have a list of all channels.

you will then have to FTP your nline over to get the $ky channels to play.

Just bought a Zgemma star s (single tuner), Ive been using this guide to set it up, but got stuck at the scan for channels part, I've only got one feed and this is a one tuner box so I cannot disable tuner B as there isn't the option, so I've ignored that step and set up the providers, and then Started scan, it says "Reading Sky uk" at bottom but then AutoBouquets Maker pops up with Timeout for tuner lock, and I cant see to get past this. can anyone help?

************* UPDATE - I have now purchased a new box and found that the problem was not with the instructions but with a faulty box, got the new box up and working within 40 minutes ****************************

Last edited:
Are the FTA channels clearing? as time out for tuner lock is normally when the sky cable is not connected correctly, these boxes it cant be too tight or too loose i have found.

i would check if BBC is working first as if you are using sucmnsee image that should come up when you first install the image

No, I'm not getting anything, when I scan sat finder or automatic scan it come up with 0 channels, also I have a black screen after flashing so I'm assuming somethings gone wrong, should I factory reset and try again?

************* UPDATE - I have now purchased a new box and found that the problem was not with the instructions but with a faulty box, got the new box up and working within 40 minutes ****************************

Last edited:
No, I'm not getting anything, when I scan sat finder or automatic scan it come up with 0 channels, also I have a black screen after flashing so I'm assuming somethings gone wrong, should I factory reset and try again?
What image are you flashing . did the front of the box say flsh when it was flashing. Make sure cables in the back of the box are OK check connectors etc.

When you first installed the image all channels will be there you just need to change the provider to your area i would re-flash,

if your sky connection is in correctly BBC NI will come up and play when the image is done loading.

you then need to add your Nline and change provider to your area then press scan in autobouquets maker to change to your region channels.

I'm using sucmnsee's image (Zgemma star 2s Vix Apollo 153 sucmnsee Backup 15.03.2015), after flashing I just got a blank screen, Ill try factory resetting and re-flashing then, thanks

Last edited:
I'm using sucmnsee's image (Zgemma star 2s Vix Apollo 153 sucmnsee Backup 15.03.2015), after flashing I just got a blank screen, Ill try factory resetting and re-flashing then, thanks

No need to factory reset just re-flash.

your sky connection is not in correctly then by the sounds of it.

when you image loads it will load on BBC NI and it should play if connection is in correctly.

I have an idea.. Can one you tech guys make a video of how to set these boxes up using scumnsee's image? and we just follow the install from the video, Like a Part 1 setting up USB on PC and then Part 2 setting up Zgemma with sky HD skin. I'm sure we would be more able to understand how it all works.

I have an idea.. Can one you tech guys make a video of how to set these boxes up using scumnsee's image? and we just follow the install from the video, Like a Part 1 setting up USB on PC and then Part 2 setting up Zgemma with sky HD skin. I'm sure we would be more able to understand how it all works.

The instructions in this post are clear enough a video really is not needed.

if you cant follow these instructions maybe getting a enigma box is not the right choice for you.

That is the same error message i was getting when trying to set a box up last night. When trying to run the scan it was coming up 'Timeout for tuner lock'. This was when i was trying to set it up with two connections. Then when i turned off one of the tuners it ran the scan fine!!

Any ideas why it was doing that??

ok, managed to get past the scan stage (couldnt find Setanta HD after 2 hours searching and re-scanning etc so skipped that) but I've got the Free to air channels working, checked everything is correct but all Sky and paid for channels are showing 'Error Tune Failed' and when I go back to the FTA channels they are showing the same, so I reboot and all showing error now.

also been told by my provider to start MGcamd 1.38 in Softcams which I have done.

Last edited:

The instructions in this post are clear enough a video really is not needed.

if you cant follow these instructions maybe getting a enigma box is not the right choice for you.

I hate to sound condescending, but Ive got to agree.
Anyone who cant follow my guide really shouldn't be allowed near a zgemma.
I mean, what part is confusing? What part is ambiguous or tricky?
All you are doing is pressing some buttons in a set order.
Thats it. honestly.
Pressing buttons.

Hi, I appreciate all your hard work in putting this guide together and many thanks for all your hard work, but even when following the instructions sometimes things come up that are difficult to get past without a little help, my first problem was that after re-flashing the box I found the screen was black, now I realise that it was obviously wrong but at the time I didn’t know until I re-flashed the box again that there would be a screensaver image.

Okay Ive stared again from scratch for a third time and I still getting the same problem everytime,

Everything has gone fine until How to add Setanta HD & Premier Sports HD to your channel list
Tried ‘HD Channels’ first and Setanta HD is not there the last one is called 6945, tried ‘Last Scanned’ next and definately no Setanta HD in there either, so I chose Setanta 1 pressed ok to view it and got tune failed, now all FTA and paid channels show Tune Failed,

Restarted box and now showing BBC 1 but all paid for channels show Tune Failed.

This is how I followed and found the guide:

Setting USB Stick – worked perfectly

Flashing the zGemma – worked perfectly

Entering your ‘line’ to decode the channels – easy to do

Now ready to scan channels – how many feeds does your box have? – Only one tuner so ignored this

Now do the scan for your channels – worked perfectly

Now sort out EPG – worked perfectly

** How to add Setanta Sports HD and Premier Sports HD to your channel list – Couldn’t find either channel in ‘last scanned’ or HD channels’ did find Setanta 1 so tried to add that but got' Tune Failed' Message **

Now if you don’t like dark boot image by sucmnsee – Ignored step

Change info bar settings – worked perfectly

* Fraggle sky skin settings that aren’t quite right – Didn’t understand this step and if its required? so didn't do this *

You still hate the fraggle sky skin and want to try the Blue HD one – Ignored this step

Having problems getting channels? Check what your sat signal is like – Showing excellent signal

Stop hard drive spinning when not in use – easy to do and worked perfectly

Making an image backup – worked exactly as in guide

Backing up settings – worked perfectly

If you wish to use timeshift, you may wish to try the following – don't think its relevant to my box so didn't do this

**********************************************************************************

also been told by my provider to start MGcamd 1.38 in Softcams - haven't done this yet

So where I'm at now is:

Switch on and BBC 1 works fine , change channel through EPG (which have no programme listings in schedule apart from FTA channels) to any other and I get the 'Tune Failed' message, cannot tune back into BBC 1

cannot find the Setanta HD and Premier Sports HD channels in list.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as I seem to have been doing the same thing for 8 hours with no luck.

Last edited:
I'm finding extremely hard to get past this stage, some help would be greatly appreciated as I'm really getting nowhere, I can wait to get Setanta, but the Tune Failed message that pops up every time I change channel is driving me mad and I cant seem to find anyone else who has had this problem in any forum.

after 3 reboots and doing the scan and epg step again Ive managed to get BBC 1 working again but as soon as I turn on to a different channel it shows Tune Failed and I have to do both steps again. epg is blank for all sky channels again.

Last edited:
Back