IPTV and VPN

ianhaney

I currently have IPTV on a MAG254 box and was working all ok up until 30 mins ago, my provider has just told me that the IPTV has been blocked and requires a good VPN provider as they said it's clearing all ok with a VPN.

What is the best free VPN to use on a MAG254 box and has anyone got a link on how to set it up on a mag254 box please?

Thank you in advance

There's something serious going on today, a lot of servers have been hit.

Mags don't allow VPN connection via firmware, you'll need a VPN router.

Android or enigma can be set up via app or plugin on VPN.

Most of the big VPN providers are fine.

good luck.

there is no preference as to who isps block.

all providers using a dns are at risk.

once the dns is known you are pretty much in shit street.

the dns points to the server ip which will be blocked regulary.

today has been a bad day for isp blocks, worse than i can remember.

it wont get better.

for £2 a month or less you are covered by vpn.

i know what im talking about, trust me on that one :grin:

You can get a free VPN modem from spider VPN. I have had no issues today however I use a VPN

I think most of us are going to have use a VPN soon it is just good practice

Last edited:
You can get a free VPN modem from spider VPN. I have had no issues today however I use a VPN

I think most of us are going to have use a VPN soon it is just good practice
sadly, i agree.

there will be people on here who will say they have no issues with their preferred supplier, its just a matter of time.

today has been a very bad day, i know of a few providers who have not been blocked who have been today.

theres always a first time for everything :grin:

I got blocked this weekend for the first time and have friends with different providers that also got blocked so it looks like things are tightening up. Never wanted or needed to use a vpn but this may be the only way forward for the future.

I got blocked this weekend for the first time and have friends with different providers that also got blocked so it looks like things are tightening up. Never wanted or needed to use a vpn but this may be the only way forward for the future.
In the same boat!..........but no drama fine with vpn......glass still half full! LOL

Got blocked for the first time also yeterday.

I have IPTV on a zgemma, i have a years sub with IPvanish, how do i use this on the zgemma?

Provider looking to charge another £5.50/month for a VPN plugin, but im reluctant as i have a VPN subscription already.

I agree with the general view on here that use of a VPN is going to be necessary for anyone using CS, IPTV or torrents etc., probably essential going forward the way things are going with ISPs being forced by court orders from rights holders.

Yes it's an extra cost but not a huge one.

Another way to look at it is if you're NOT using a VPN you're actually saying that you're quite happy for your ISP, the Police, FACT, various authorities or even the local council (!) to request, view and monitor ALL your internet activities whenever they simply put in a request to your ISP - this is the law now. (Investigatory Powers Act 2016 aka: the Snoopers Charter)

So if you value your internet privacy get a VPN.

i like nordvpn, very easy to use for both whooshbuild, xe aio and android / firestick.

a lot of servers that have never had an issue were hit this weekend.

vpns are cheap and easy to use now youre not stuck to trying to configure a vpn router.

its definately the way forward :grin:

My vod sub as been blocked doesn’t even work with a vpn. Just bought nord and tried that. The supplier is saying we need vpn. Some are working and a lot are not working. Starting to give out rubbish comments out now saying you can watch this stuff on kodi and other free apps instead lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Back