IPTV and VPN

Trouble is where I have a MAG254 box, they don't allow allow VPN connection via firmware and don't have funds available to get a vpn router or a new box, it's not so much getting a vpn provider as they are quite cheap but it's the vpn router or new box the issue

When i was with a previous supplier i needed a VPN for when the football was on. Libertyshield worked great, just plugged into the back of main router and that covered everything that was running off homeplugs.

Now i've got 2 different suppliers where VPN isn't required at the minute.

I have just got one that doesn't require VPN at the mo but will keep a eye on it and see how it goes and worst case I'll get a VPN router/provider but funds but tight at the mo to get one

I am using VPNSECURE which I bought on Black Friday, cost next to nothing for a lifetime sub on any number of devices. It has certainly worked ok this weekend. My question is I have done the dns leaktest (both). It only shows one server ident which refers to a vpn, a different ip address than mine, no host name and location uk? even though I set it to Netherlands. Why UK? It worked fine in that I watched the footy .
Second question which is best to use, on the list I have countries, some of which have tcp at the side, are these more secure? I Googled it and it seemed to suggest it was better. Speed test gives me about the same throughout, wi fi without vpn 58 mbps, with vpn 38 mbps the TCP was same. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Last edited:
I have spider vpn for my magbox. When I do a speedtest without a vpn it shows around 6mbps. When I use vpn it shows around 30mbps when I plug it into ethernet cable. On occasions my provider Yodafoon will throttle speed and this has affected my stream even when using VPN on HD however it's still strong enough for SD. Yesterday my footy was great.

when I do get a VPN, is spider VPN the best one to get? I am looking at their plans, is the classic router plan the best one to get at £7.99 per month. How easy are they to set up as not used VPN before, does the router just plug in place of the current sky router and cables plug into the same slots as the sky one and use it right away or do I need to change settings etc. on sky router home page or anything?

Am I better getting one off ebay for example https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spider-C...locks-IPTV-Blocked-Websites-More/264196391356

Can't comment on if they are the best. I plumped for a classic router and it worked for me. Setup was straightforward. You connect your routers together with the supplied ethernet cable. I did have to contact them as I bought it off Amazon site and for some reason I never received my unique login and password. I went for 6 months to see how good they were but will extend to 12 or 24 months on renewal. I would register with them all details can then be found on their site on setup. I would buy direct from them personally. Their customer care was great for me. Also check them out on trustpilot.

Oh right ok so is best to buy direct from spider VPN direct? does the router come with the classic router plan I take it?

I have just remembered though, VPN is not supported on mag boxes through the firmware so guessing will need to get another box as well

Oh right so vpn does work all on mag boxes as I have a MAG254 box and my dad has got a MAG332 box, onyl ask as someone further up said vpn does not work on the mag box firmware

i have a zgemma h2s and have just upgraged to wooshbuild infinity.

I used add my VPN plugin and put in my IPvanish details, when i start the VPN it does not display any picture on any channel, when i disable the VPN it works fine.

Am i doing something wrong?

i have a zgemma h2s and have just upgraged to wooshbuild infinity.

I used add my VPN plugin and put in my IPvanish details, when i start the VPN it does not display any picture on any channel, when i disable the VPN it works fine.

Am i doing something wrong?
Ask your provider if isp locks are on if so ask him to disable it as it locks to the first connection it makes to the server

good luck.

there is no preference as to who isps block.

all providers using a dns are at risk.

once the dns is known you are pretty much in shit street.

the dns points to the server ip which will be blocked regulary.

today has been a bad day for isp blocks, worse than i can remember.

it wont get better.

for £2 a month or less you are covered by vpn.

i know what im talking about, trust me on that one :grin:
Hi lamblamb
Interested in your advice on vpn for stick please
Been looking, but not a clue, never needed but would be interested
Regards
ID

Hi lamblamb
Interested in your advice on vpn for stick please
Been looking, but not a clue, never needed but would be interested
Regards
ID

if its a 1st gen stick , as said before youll need a vpn router.

edit - seems that information is incorrect and it will run a vpn.

Installing a VPN on Firestick – Method 2
With an older Fire Stick, you will need to download and install the APK. Follow these instructions to get it installed on your system.

• From the main home screen, go to Settings and select System
  • Choose Developer Options and select Apps from Unknown Sources. Turn this On and then select ADB Debugging and turn it On Ignore the message about unknown sources (you can always change this later).
  • Go back to the home screen and select the search option from the top left corner.
  • Type downloader and then select the Downloader application. Click Get to download to your system. Once you’ve got it downloaded, launch the app and type in this URL into the prompt – http://bit.ly/ipvanishapk
  • Click Next and then Download. Wait for the APK to finish downloading and installing on your system.
  • From the IPVanish login screen enter your username and password as before.
With this method, IPVanish will not automatically resume each time you start watching, so you will need to ensure that you select it and launch it prior to starting every time.

Hopefully, this guide helps you understand why a VPN is important and also how to set one up on a Fire Stick! Let me know what you think in the comments and if you are interested in learning how to do more with the Fire Stick make sure you put that in the comments too!

Back