IPTV and VPN

if its a 1st gen stick , as said before youll need a vpn router.

edit - seems that information is incorrect and it will run a vpn.

Installing a VPN on Firestick – Method 2
With an older Fire Stick, you will need to download and install the APK. Follow these instructions to get it installed on your system.

• From the main home screen, go to Settings and select System
  • Choose Developer Options and select Apps from Unknown Sources. Turn this On and then select ADB Debugging and turn it On Ignore the message about unknown sources (you can always change this later).
  • Go back to the home screen and select the search option from the top left corner.
  • Type downloader and then select the Downloader application. Click Get to download to your system. Once you’ve got it downloaded, launch the app and type in this URL into the prompt – http://bit.ly/ipvanishapk
  • Click Next and then Download. Wait for the APK to finish downloading and installing on your system.
  • From the IPVanish login screen enter your username and password as before.
With this method, IPVanish will not automatically resume each time you start watching, so you will need to ensure that you select it and launch it prior to starting every time.

Hopefully, this guide helps you understand why a VPN is important and also how to set one up on a Fire Stick! Let me know what you think in the comments and if you are interested in learning how to do more with the Fire Stick make sure you put that in the comments too!
Great info & guidance
Appreciated
ID

i use the newer Liberty Shield black router, and get around 45mb through it, connected with Sly Fiber Max, and get around 65mb into that router.

I have Windscribe Vpn setup on zgemma via openvpn all working ok but i'm only getting 4/6Mbps on a 200mb connection, without vpn enabled i get 70/80Mbps, i have tried all the different locations and ports available by windscribe but the speed is not that good and i get a lot of buffering on FHD channels, i have read that its openvpn, it's not the fastest, i have used the standalone app on android and PC and i get 60/80Mbps. I have also flashed my router with Tomato firmware and configure the vpn section with windscribe and i get the same speed 4/6Mbps on a 200mb connection when enabled and 70/80Mbps without.
Any help or suggestions welcomed... :)

I have Windscribe Vpn setup on zgemma via openvpn all working ok but i'm only getting 4/6Mbps on a 200mb connection, without vpn enabled i get 70/80Mbps, i have tried all the different locations and ports available by windscribe but the speed is not that good and i get a lot of buffering on FHD channels, i have read that its openvpn, it's not the fastest, i have used the standalone app on android and PC and i get 60/80Mbps. I have also flashed my router with Tomato firmware and configure the vpn section with windscribe and i get the same speed 4/6Mbps on a 200mb connection when enabled and 70/80Mbps without.
Any help or suggestions welcomed... :)
Have a look in router settings on your vm hub

Back