IPTV dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is thats when people want to test the service so charging for a pass seems fair and no sports free frials.

A trial without sports, access to the chat/support group to see how happy customers are, then a reasonably priced one month sub with full package is better imo.

I would avoid any provider that advertises full stop, be it on social media or even their own web site.

The best providers are those that don't need to advertise nor do they hang on the request thread pouncing on every new request but get new customers via word of mouth referals and carefully picking the requests they respond to.

I would avoid any provider that advertises full stop, be it on social media or even their own web site.

The best providers are those that don't need to advertise nor do they hang on the request thread pouncing on every new request but get new customers via word of mouth referals and carefully picking the requests they respond to.
Exactly if a service is that good it will sell its self dosnt matter if just family and friends as when there friends ect sees it that is when they come for yor service sub wise. Dosnt matter if you have 6 end users or 60 if word of mouth works then so be it lol

One particular provider from here appears to have done a runner as he has not been on for nearly a week and has not responded to my pm,s re issues.
He will shortly be banned and probably probably entered into Rogues Gallery.
Didnt know there was a rogues gallery, heh, heh. But seriously though regards to iptv, this is just the nature of the game, mines was down for almost 2 weeks, then came back on Monday 13th July, I thought then that was it sorted, but it only lasted until 6 oclock that night, then stayed down until last Sunday, when it came back and his layout was changed, then he emailed me to say it was back up and running with new servers, all was good until today, Sky sports channels have gone, the other channels seem ok though, on this final day of the season, it looks like some providers are gonna have problems.

Last edited:
My sub has also suffered the recent issue ...guy is trying to fix issues ..looks like some reseller has decided to use Facebook etc and gave out m3u Info which has caused the block problem...he is trying to fix or then offering to move to another service not affected...all those posting about issues must be linked as the problem started at same time and are similar eg no live TV but VOD working. As guys saying if your provider is low key and it's working that's they key. I will be jumping ship to one after my sub expires...also not affected my footy as I dont use IPTV for that anyway.

There are many factors but serious providers can also have problems caused by their channel suppliers as there are not too many good ones and if cloude is down for maintenance or any issues then no one can watch anything till fixed

Last edited:
As someone who has been into IPTV longer than most on here i have seen it evolve so much in the last couple of years.I think waldo and myself from memory was trying different stuff out when it was first available on enigma2 and boy was it shite.
I remember trying iptv on my old vu solo in the c/s days to watch 3 o'clock kick offs. It was around £25 a month. It has come on leaps and bounds since then.

I was talking to someone recently who only ever pays a monthly (£10) sub rather than a yearly (£60) one because if it goes down, he's only lost a tenner at most. He's been with the same provider for three years now, god knows how long it'll take till he trusts a longer sub but each to their own I guess.

I was talking to someone recently who only ever pays a monthly (£10) sub rather than a yearly (£60) one because if it goes down, he's only lost a tenner at most. He's been with the same provider for three years now, god knows how long it'll take till he trusts a longer sub but each to their own I guess.
Think a few short term subs to seee how it goes then extend but that doesnt mean you wont get stung as some have been with the same provider for while then its gone, suppose its the risk we have to take. He could take a year sub next month then the provider could get hit within a week nobody knows how things will play out to be honest.

Think a few short term subs to seee how it goes then extend but that doesnt mean you wont get stung as some have been with the same provider for while then its gone, suppose its the risk we have to take. He could take a year sub next month then the provider could get hit within a week nobody knows how things will play out to be honest.

Yeah I get his logic, and as I said each to their own. Personally I couldn't be bothered having to make contact to renew every month.

Some people prefer to pay monthly may cost 50-60 more per year then buying a year plus if starts to go down hill your losing out on 11 months service 6 months ect

Sods law the day he takes a year out it will last 48 hours lol

Isnt that a bit like a provider having a popular plugin on popular e2 builds?

Would never pay for a year personally or lifetime. I think its more of the principle than the loss, depends where you sit with that I suppose. I never piss people about, pay on time, dont go off the deep end when theres issues, and im loyal if they provide a good service and communicate whats happening. For people like me, I dont there should be any issue giving competitively priced short term prices. I've known people 5, 6, 7 years, to vanish overnight, without a word. Known my current guy maybe a year, just under, hasnt responded to me for 4 days now, had no service for a week. Its unlike him, but there you go. I dont think you can trust someone, just comes down to are you willing to lose X amount of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back