IPTV EPL Block? I have VPN

Alfadaz

My IPTV stops quite frequently on weekends, which i presumed was the EPL block. (It hasnt long gone off again today).

Because of this, I purchased a VPN earlier this week from Private Internet Access.

I have a zGemma H2S, running wooshbuild 7 and the VPN plugin. I have entered my VNP details and its all green and it seems to be working (different IP address etc) thought this would be the end of my issues, but again today i am just getting a black screen?

I have tried running through different countries, but that doesnt seem to work either...

pTmm4P2.png

Is there anything else i should be doing?

Thanks

Darren

Sounds like it's your providers source in which a vpn on your box wouldn't be any good with it probably been a provider issue

I haven’t contacted my provider yet as they have sent out emails in the past recommending getting a VPN, so I was hoping it wasn’t an issue with them as normally it’s pretty good.

I’ll email them now...

Thanks

Darren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d also say it’s your provider/source. I’m running pia on a h2s using whooshbuild 7.No problems with my iptv. I watched the Arsenal game last night & West Ham game this afternoon on tsn sports.

Last edited:
I have 2 providers, one I never need to use a vpn with, the 2nd occasionally when it starts juddering. Today I watched 4 matches one after the other fantastic! Sometimes, infact most of the time I dont use the main Sly Sports or TB links, I find the TSN or Bein ones far better. Tonight was a case in question for the Manu v Leicester match,put it on Sly, picture was ok but sound was distorted, changed to Bein (English) and it was perfect. IPTV isnt perfect but it is pretty good and improving all the time. I remember when I first got IPTV and it was a very poor second to CS, well now its very near to as good as, with glitching almost eliminated. By the way I use PIA and when I use it, it is excellent, I usually log into the Netherlands.

Alphadaz, my advice to you is cut your losses and get a new supplier, then try every provider you can find on this forum and elsewhere. You will eventually find a good one or two. However think very carefully before you purchase more than a month at a time.

Regarding my providers I do not give recommendations sorry.

My IPTV stops quite frequently on weekends, which i presumed was the EPL block. (It hasnt long gone off again today).

Because of this, I purchased a VPN earlier this week from Private Internet Access.

I have a zGemma H2S, running wooshbuild 7 and the VPN plugin. I have entered my VNP details and its all green and it seems to be working (different IP address etc) thought this would be the end of my issues, but again today i am just getting a black screen?

I have tried running through different countries, but that doesnt seem to work either...

pTmm4P2.png

Is there anything else i should be doing?

Thanks

Darren
Try changing your nameserver settings to:

DO NOT use 4.2.2.X - they are legacy L3 DNS being retired soon.
DO NOT use or 208.67.222.222/220.220 they work with law enforcement to block dns sites too.

Use 64.6.64.6 or 8.8.8.8 - these do not block or hijack requests.

Last edited:
Good providers have encryption in place to stop blocks.

Hi, nothing to do with encryption, if the EPL find their server IP, they will add it to blocklist, encryption will do nothing to stop that.
Only using a reverse proxy and changing weekly can combat it.

You need to use your own VPN to stop blocking and monitoring by your ISP

even with a VPN my provider has now blocked US and other countries from showing EPL games, i asked why and they said, Due to recent legal changes and compliance, we have been forced to restrict US and a few other area based channels showing EPL games for customers with an IP address in the UK. The only channels that these apply to have been marked (NOT UK). British based sports channels are still ok.

even with a VPN my provider has now blocked US and other countries from showing EPL games, i asked why and they said, Due to recent legal changes and compliance, we have been forced to restrict US and a few other area based channels showing EPL games for customers with an IP address in the UK. The only channels that these apply to have been marked (NOT UK). British based sports channels are still ok.

Hi Bro,
Get yourself a new provider. That is b0ll0cks, he has probably lost his source or is a reseller.
IPTV providers doing this is illegal anyway, they do not care about blocks and geo restrictions.
He is pulling your chain.

There is some good news though, iv'e got 2 providers, the other one is fine, only got 2 because it is my first year with iptv, so i was covering myself, the one that's blocking is a quite a big provider, i didn't find it on here, don't think i can name it, got 3 letters.

ok I've read most of your replies and I can say you have all missed something. My iptv provider did say it gets blocked by vermin so when I try to use it on my zgemma box even with vpn switched on it is still blocked. when I use vpn on my pc from same provider it works fine SO it cant be the Provider it must be that my VPN on my box does not work. if someone can help great.

Have you checked your box for the vpn working? Check if your IP address changes when you switch it on.

ok I've read most of your replies and I can say you have all missed something. My iptv provider did say it gets blocked by vermin so when I try to use it on my zgemma box even with vpn switched on it is still blocked. when I use vpn on my pc from same provider it works fine SO it cant be the Provider it must be that my VPN on my box does not work. if someone can help great.

How do you know VPN is working on box? I can't use VPN on my box using vm hub without changing box dns to Google.

What I worked out when turning on vpn I lost internet connection. You can test this by turning vpn on goto network menu and run a network test, if any fail turn off vpn.

Go back to network menu network wizard change dhpc to no then set Google dns

Primary DNS (nameserver 1) 8.8.8.8
Secondary DNS (nameserver 2) 8.8.4.4

Press ok you should be asked to confirm nameservers press ok

Some have said this takes a few attempts to stick.

Once your box is set to Google dns turn on vpn and run network test again and see if it passes.

Another option to see if VPN is working is go to plugins green to download plugins then extensions and choose ipchecker reboot box run up check and it should give you a different ip address when turning on and off vpn.

Also turn off child safe and other security settings on router

My current provider has stopped using m3u now as he said it was getting blocked by peoples isp's.His server was not blocked as people with vpn's connected ok.Since doing this I have had no blocks and not using a vpn.I noticed on his forum a few people had blocks but he unblocked them as they happened so they obviously have a solution .Most suppliers are having issues but they are dealing with it on a day to day basis.I don't know what will happen in the future,I may need a VPN but at the moment it is working fine.

Back