IPTV issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

channelking

So for a week or so noticed in firestick and phone iptv is buffering and just has the loading circle non stop.

It seems a WiFi issue but more ISP throttling I belive. Even using vpn doesnt resolve issue and web safe is off.

When trying with mobile Internet on phone no issues at all so iptv sub not the issue.

So any idea why it's happening on VM network and what can be done to resolve it as really peeving me off now?

Probably your old fashioned firestick. My supplier on one server has moved to hevec and some foreign channels hevec+

Try a different app and different server location on vpn.
Bebetter when you get your WiFi mesh system tbh take a trial or sub from elsewhere to rule.out provider issue even tho you say it's fine on the phone even changing player selection or stream selection.
But if it was given for free then can't really ask the provider if any problems his end

Last edited:
Try a different app and different server location on vpn.
Bebetter when you get your WiFi mesh system tbh take a trial or sub from elsewhere to rule.out provider issue even tho you say it's fine on the phone even changing player selection or stream selection.
But if it was given for free then can't really ask the provider if any problems his end
Tried different apps and multiple locations on vpn server and same thing.

I'm pretty certain ain't provider as changed different things on my end but fine on mobile Internet it's WiFi that's causing issues it seems despite having strong signal in front room. Weird no issues when on wired connection.

Well there is your answer CK If it's working on wired and on mobile Internet nothing wrong with supplier. The trouble is your end.
I never said it was provider or server issue though did I?

I just wondered what issue was on my end causing it.

No matter will figure it out myself.

So guessing from your original post. The wireless is not working on your phone or your fire stick.

Now use Google and there is a app it will tell you exactly what speeds you are getting at the router and the device.

It's called something like ask dave. I am sure there is a browser you can install on firestick and phone.

Here you go don't know if it works on hub 3.

RealSpeed - SamKnows

have you split your WiFi at the router into 2 different bands so you have 2 different SSid ‘s , 1 at 5ghz and 1 at 2.4ghz. Then connect your devices to 1 of these , the devices close to the router can connect to 5ghz ,anything further away connect to 2.4ghz.

Have you tried the Ethernet adapter for the fire stick? It’s something like 12 quid from Amazon I use one upstairs where my Wi-Fi isn’t strong and works wonders with home plugs.

I had problem like that.it was intermittent wifi was told to turn off router for 5 mins by vm to reset it.worked fine after that

Sounds like your IPTV doesn’t like your WiFi or your VPN. If your mobile network works fine tether your Firestick to it and see if the issue remains.

Brother in law rang me 3.00pm saturday panicking , his streams were buffering. I have same supplier and mine were spot on . He was using a firestick on wifi. I tool him round an ethernet adaptor for the stick and once he coupled that up , its been perfect ever since. Solution - wire it.

Even updating to a newer model firestick may help better processing power better WiFi signal.
As going to need to upgrade it soon CK as providers are changing codecs and you will be left with a black screen and just sound.

Vm wifi seems to drop out more than others. My solution was to get a powered splitter for it and have it plugged in and helped massively.
Or you can put it into modem mode and get a decent router or mesh system
Or lastly buy the 13 quid adapter of amazon and hardwire it to the router

Same in our house with Virgin WiFi,need to use ethernet to the firestick because it just buffers on Iptv,WiFi on the firestick only really works when everyone is out or asleep in our house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back