Iptv newbie

Hi I have 2 questions about IPTV, does it make a difference to connection quality i.e no freezing/glitches if I download my own VPN? If so do I need a special router before the ISP router?

Hi I have 2 questions about IPTV, does it make a difference to connection quality i.e no freezing/glitches if I download my own VPN? If so do I need a special router before the ISP router?

No...........this is dependent on whether your provider goes down when the footie come back

You will experience some sort of freezing glitches whether you have vpn or not as your isp speed could drop which would impact on streams speeds to your device firewall settings to name a couple. provider may have to restart stream change stream some people use vpn all the time some don't. Best advice is take plenty of tests especially if off here don't go for members that don't contribute to forum havnt been a member long

You will experience some sort of freezing glitches whether you have vpn or not as your isp speed could drop which would impact on streams speeds to your device firewall settings to name a couple. provider may have to restart stream change stream some people use vpn all the time some don't. Best advice is take plenty of tests especially if off here don't go for members that don't contribute to forum havnt been a member long
Hows the kids doing baza

VPN is not just for the blocks guys, alot of providers throttling at the moment with the amount of traffic going on, VPN can sort this issue to you may find you do a speed test all looks great, ping looks great but when trying to streaming something it buffers, test for this is put a youtube video on at a high resolution, 4k if you can if not 1080 and keep dropping the level till its stable this is a great way to test if your provider is taking the p**s and only way to sort really is a VPN.

Whether you need a different router depends what device you use to watch iptv. Many devices can have a vpn put directly onto them, some devices can't so you'll need a router.

Thank you, my current sub continuously glitches, even on the free channels like every 10 seconds. Just wanted to see if there was anything else my side before doing a trial.

Thank you, my current sub continuously glitches, even on the free channels like every 10 seconds. Just wanted to see if there was anything else my side before doing a trial.

which device are you using for your current service and which app/plugin?

Its an Android TX3 Mini with STB Emu

You can put a vpn app directly onto that box from the play store, or you can sideload it from a usb.

I use digibit. £2 a month and no need for a long subscription like a lot of vpn's. Minimal loss of speed with a bit of trial and error finding the best server.

Have you done cleared cache on all apps restarted router for 5/10 mins also as a little maintenance your side can help as your provider should send info on best playback settings ect

you could get a cheap Vpn login for most vpn providers off flea bay and see if helps before going down that route as may be wasting money as could be provider issue who knows

Back