IPTV Raw Streams Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
they are raw feeds so no upscale needed
It's the pixels that give the detail not the frame rate. In fact if the fps is to high it can cause problems. If you look at the foreign 3pm kick offs they are generally better than any UK ones they are only 30fps and are as good as sat.

Remember also that some devices such as 4K Firestick output defaults to 60 and some IPTV apps don't support rate switching (AFR or auto frame rate) so you ruin your lovely new 50 stream by converting to 60 unless you go into stick settings and manually select 2160/50 or 1080/50.

Not a problem on Enigma2 which is my preferred device and switches output (and thus TV) as required, but I do use a 4k stick with XCIPTV as a backup, which must be forced to output 50 always else it stays on 60. The 25fps streams also look better on 50 than they do on 60 of course.

Can confirm having used the streams and having a shield ...you get the error saying not able to upscale...which actually is right ...the stream doesn't need it ..
That is more to do with the app the sheild Would try and upscale to 4k.

It's the pixels that give the detail not the frame rate. In fact if the fps is to high it can cause problems. If you look at the foreign 3pm kick offs they are generally better than any UK ones they are only 30fps and are as good as sat.
Couldn't disagree more. That defeats the whole point which for sport is smooth action which you need 50/60 not 25/30.

Nobody said 50fps gives you more detail. It gives you smoothness. It's beautiful and looking at sport in 25 or 30 gives me a headache in comparison

Remember also that some devices such as 4K Firestick output defaults to 60 and some IPTV apps don't support rate switching (AFR or auto frame rate) so you ruin your lovely new 50 stream by converting to 60 unless you go into stick settings and manually select 2160/50 or 1080/50.

Not a problem on Enigma2 which is my preferred device and switches output (and thus TV) as required, but I do use a 4k stick with XCIPTV as a backup, which must be forced to output 50 always else it stays on 60. The 25fps streams also look better on 50 than they do on 60 of course.

Good tip, many thanks!

Just watching some football on LaLiga TV and have to say it's a beautiful viewing experience - the whole thing is so clean and crisp, so much easier on the eye with not a hint of motion blur, even on the ball when it's travelling at speed.

And now people are requesting raw streams
I wonder who’s offering raw streams 🤔
That’s me just wondering not asking

As far as I'm aware none of the sellers on this forum offer raw streams. I requested through the request thread here not long ago and got zero response.

So I guess people are acting outside of the site guidance and buying subs from recommendations, which they obviously do at their own risk and without the protection that buying through this site offers. But short subs limit the risk imo.

The raw streams are unbelievable quality and they're 25fps not 50fps.
1920x1080i25 other streams are 1920x1080p25
You can't see any difference between the raw and satellite HD channels...
25i is 50fps (well, sort of) it's just not 50p. Confusingly it's also often referred to as 50i. Specifically it's 50 interlaced half-frames per second, as per UK broadcast spec. It is de-interlaced by your streaming device to 50p. For 25p sources your device will just output each frame twice to output 50p. Very different in terms of smoothness.

I think it makes sense to just call these 50fps here as it's easier than explaining the technicalities of interlacing and deinterlacing each time. The important point I guess is that it's the same format as actually broadcast over sat or cable.

25i gives the same smoothness as a pure 50p source. A pure 50p source would give better resolution on movement.

True bud but all these newbies to (raw streams) makes me laugh as they’ve been around ages just shows how many end users didn’t know about them till recently🤣🤣

Jeez you must have really been laughing at those providers on here who denied their existence if you found it so funny that some end users hadn't seen them yet :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Jeez you must have really been laughing at those providers on here who denied their existence if you found it so funny that some end users hadn't seen them yet :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Yep sure was bud you have to move with the times or left behind as they say but most believe on don’t change what’s not broken

Raw streams have been around for a while same with 4k streams tbh.

Can't expect most to offer these types of streams.

But no doubt sellers who don't offer raw streams will have immense competition from providers who do and customers will go to ones who do. So really providers who don't offer raw streams may be should offer such a thing sooner rather than later.

But even if they don't guess their customers who been with them for long time and have trust with the service will stick with them anyway.

Raw streams have been around for a while same with 4k streams tbh.

Can't expect most to offer these types of streams.

But no doubt sellers who don't offer raw streams will have immense competition from providers who do and customers will go to ones who do. So really providers who don't offer raw streams may be should offer such a thing sooner rather than later.

But even if they don't guess their customers who been with them for long time and have trust with the service will stick with them anyway.
No harm keeping 2/3 different subs lol 😆
We'll see if these raws hold up good next week....

Quite a few of them are using xc app so you can't actually see the frame rate.

The ones I have tested through tivimate are still running at 25fps. I have one to test later hopefully that will be the one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back