Irish Channels on Zgemma h2s

Darby_321

Hi guys I am wondering is it possible to get Irish channels on my zgemma box from my satellite dish. I have all the fta English channels and have been messing with my autobouqets to try and get the Irish channels. In the scan I have been able to get the Irish channels but they are just black screen. I've tried messing with satellite provider but it is still the same. Any help would be appreciated. I have wooshbuild installed and also have no aerial in the house,just a satellite dish.

Basically, No, all Irish channels on the Sky platform are encrypted and have not worked with card sharing for over 20 months now.

Depending on location in ireland one might mount an aerial on sat dish and use a splitter to combine aerial and sat feed down one cable and extract the other end.One would need a dvbc/t/t2 type tuner on box.

Depending on location in ireland one might mount an aerial on sat dish and use a splitter to combine aerial and sat feed down one cable and extract the other end.One would need a dvbc/t/t2 type tuner on box.
Which the h2s does not have.
If you have a cable box and a saoirview aeriel, you can get the irish channels, if you have a combo box, and a saoirview aerial, you can get the freesat channels and the Irish channels.
If you want all the channels on a h2s, you can get a good IPTV server.

I thoght the irish chanells were still available on sat? Utv etc?
Nope, and utv is a british station lol
BBC NI is available, a regional ITV is probably available, but when people talk about irish channels, they are generally talking about rte1, rte2, tg4, tv3(which is now a VM channel)

These are what i was trying to remember earlier...not utv, I meant RTE, surely these are still available on satellite?

TV3
TG4
Leprechaun 24/7
Top 'o the mornin so ye ar
and the news channel:

If not, why not :grin:

I’m using my h2s for the last year with a usb turner works a dream all Saorview In hd. I put up a terrestrial aerial next to my sky dish and hooked up one of the coax cables off my dish to it. I lost ability to record while watching different channels but I don’t mind as catch-up is available

The RTE channels on sat were amongst the first to go when the encryption started, I was thinking of setting up a saorview aerial a while back, but the iptv service I am running had RTE channels working well, so I didnt need to in the end up, so I think its one of these ways for you, whatever suits you best. BBC NI and UTV are both N- ireland channels and are still available on sat and cable as they are FTA channels.

Last edited:
RTE Are not FTA anywhere on sat!
They are, however, free on saoirview in Ireland.

As far as I know you can tune in your dish with another LNB fixed to the other LNB with an extender and tune in the rte 1,2,tg4, rte jnr, rte news, and radio stations but virgin media is not available on the saorsat as was said already the saorsat channels on Eutel 9 Ka which you need a good satellite signal alignment tuner to pick up the signal. With both the saorsat and Astra lnbs you should have the best of both services but I think the dish can't be perforated for saorsat but you can chance it on sky dish if it works let me know. Cheers

The post you replied to is 2 years old! Yes you can get saorsat and freesat on a bigger dish using an lnb adapter like this but you also need a different type of lnb. I did it with a 68cmdish in west of ireland but rte cut out champions league games. It was an experiment and its tricky to set up. Without virgin its not worth it, cheaper to get a good aerial and a usb tuner.

LNB Holder Suitable for Combining Saorsat & Freesat on One Dish

Hi bmite thanks I didn't realize it was two years ago. I got caught up in the thread. I originally was looking to see if zgemma s2s is saorsat compatible I have a 75cm dish and the bracket for the saorsat LNB I have a single LNB I think it is Ka band for the saorsat and I have Astra 28.2 satellite tuned in on other LNB but the dish is perforated I'm in Limerick just a New hobby I am getting into. Any advice you have would be great thanks Bonnell

Back