irish channels

Yes it is with a motor or multi lnb, or what was suggested above, I am in Crumlin in Dublin with a clear view to three rock and I made my own little aerial and it sits behind my tv out of sight and works perfectly.
Thanks for the info daveyboy. I live in Ireland too and currently use a H2S (I live in the countyside a few miles outside Navan so a H2H/Vermin solution can't be used by me). Like many people on here I'm now looking for alternatives since the Sly channels are going away. By the looks of it the H2 is meant to work with an ariel (i.e., a terrestrial receiver), right? I don't mind drilling a hole and running cable myself, and I suppose a small outdoor ariel doesn't cost too much. I like ZGemma anyway (the H2S I'v had since last Novermber has been great, very robust. Any powercuts, etc, and i just power it up, and off it goes - it never crashes. What's the craic with these cheaper boxes versus the H2 though?
Blazer HD700 T2 Digital Terrestrial Receiver
https://www.mediatec.ie/saorview-freeview/blazer-hd700-t2-digital-terrestrial-receiver

Are you crazy ??? Rte is pure shit actually most of there programming is repeat or uk programs that's on BBC or itv wouldn't spend the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My local shop is selling the USB tuners. I will get one over the weekend. And let you all know. Just make sure if you are going down the cable route that it is available in your area

I'd be very interested as to how you get on with this as I'm in the same boat, but I know a "coat hanger" will do me with a DVB-T tuner.
So, please keep us informed.
Cheers.

To get the RTE Terrestrial signal, all you need to get RTE channels is a Saorview box or Saorview TV, or a Freeview HD box or Freeview HD TV, (Freeview HD not Full HD).

Last edited:
hi i live in ireland and have a zgemma star 2 s working. is there anyway that if u are just using the box to watch fta channels and want to know if its possible to get the irish channels ( rte1, rte2 etc) on fta?
Hi. Is it possible you have a Saorview ready TV and try an indoor aerial or go the external aerial and then you don t bave to buy any other tuner.
most modern tv s have a tuner built in.

hi i live in ireland and have a zgemma star 2 s working. is there anyway that if u are just using the box to watch fta channels and want to know if its possible to get the irish channels ( rte1, rte2 etc) on fta?
Hi. Is it possible you have a Saorview ready TV and try an indoor aerial or go the external aerial and then you don t bave to buy any other tuner.
most modern tv s have a tuner built in.

i went to power city and bought a saorview walker pvr with 500gb hdd and record stuff in hd as i new a few years ago this would be needed.

zgemma star 2s is twin sat then no irish for you.

there are usb cable/terrestrial ones you could use.

i went to power city and bought a saorview walker pvr with 500gb hdd and record stuff in hd as i new a few years ago this would be needed.

zgemma star 2s is twin sat then no irish for you.

there are usb cable/terrestrial ones you could use.

hi guys i have a zgemma star h2 with dvb-t/t2 i want to tune in the irish channels with an outside ariel but i dont know how to configure the dvb settings....i set it to woodcock hill clare...save and scan nothing is found the same with the all ireland settings...woodcock hill is only about 10 miles from me living in Limerick

hi guys i have a zgemma star h2 with dvb-t/t2 i want to tune in the irish channels with an outside ariel but i dont know how to configure the dvb settings....i set it to woodcock hill clare...save and scan nothing is found the same with the all ireland settings...woodcock hill is only about 10 miles from me living in Limerick
Press MENU, Setup, Reception, Tuner Configuration, Tuner B (DVB-T2), Country=Ireland, Region=All Regions OR Clare Primary Tx (Woodcock Hill), press GREEN to save, Zap back=yes, press RED to close...
Select Automatic Scan, Scan Tuner B, press GREEN or OK to start scanning...
Select AutoBouquetsMaker, Configure, Schedule scan, set time, press GREEN to save...
Select Providers, SaorView=yes, Region=Clare, Woodcock Hill, press GREEN to save...
Select Start scan... wait to complete.
Press TV to see Bouquets & Channels...
Saorview | Coverage Checker

Last edited:
Press MENU, Setup, Reception, Tuner Configuration, Tuner B (DVB-T2), Country=Ireland, Region=All Regions OR Clare Primary Tx (Woodcock Hill), press GREEN to save, Zap back=yes, press RED to close...
Select AutoBouquetsMaker, Configure, Schedule scan, set time, press GREEN to save...
Select Providers, SaorView=yes, Region=Clare, Woodcock Hill, press GREEN to save...
hi panorama i cant find autobootmaker in the downloadable plugins running wooshbuild at the moment

hi panorma i installed pen atv 6.4 and i got the irih channels with an ebay flat ariel by the window thnx for your help happy xmas the irish channels are in tv button scroll up to rtenl select done thnx again Bonnell

hi panorama i cant find autobootmaker in the downloadable plugins running wooshbuild at the moment
In OpenATV 6.4 & WooshBuild Infinity, Press GREEN, GREEN, Downloadable Plugins, select systemplugins, select autobouquetsmaker (3.1+git828), press OK to install, then RESTART BOX.
After box reboots, press MENU, select Setup, Reception, AutoBouquetsMaker - then follow steps in my previous email... Good luck!

hi panorma i installed pen atv 6.4 and i got the irih channels with an ebay flat ariel by the window thnx for your help happy xmas the irish channels are in tv button scroll up to rtenl select done thnx again Bonnell
Excellent, that's grand, well done. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Back