ISP not blocking IPTV during EPL games.

As dave said it will probably hit all isp's so no supplier is guaranteed. I know people that have had blocks with all suppliers including talk talk so whoever you go with if you get blocked you may need to get a vpn.

To what I've heard there going to be hitting data centres from next season there is the big six known for blocking
Sky
Bt
Plusnet
Virgin
Talk talk
EE so which ever provider you go to it's going to happen sooner rather than later so as stated get a vpn for weekend providers can protect the servers from full blocks but can't protect customers ends from blocks and people who don't use a vpn always moan when blocked

I may be way off the mark here, but my understanding was that the ISP'S are blocking IPTV in it's entirety when the footie is on and so it doesn't really matter if you have a VPN or not! (I couldn't even get BBC 1 on IPTV last night at 8 o'clock when city V Cardiff had been on 15 minutes.) However what was really confusing was that my mate 30 miles away in Wigan (ISP = VM like myself) reported no problems at all!??

A vpn wont be much good soon,seems they can block them too.
Christ! what with Brexit and IPTV being blocked I'm almost suicidal! Then I review my situation, whether we get Brexit or we stay in, whether we get a deal or we go no deal, life will go on at pond level pretty much as it did yesterday, today and tomorrow. As for IPTV, I like it when people use language such as 'SEEMS they can block them too'. Seems doesn't tell me they can or they cant, so until I have a more defined answer, and my VPN stops working, I will continue to enjoy a Worldwide service so large you couldn't get it from Sly. In short my glass is at least half full, probably more!

As dave said it will probably hit all isp's so no supplier is guaranteed. I know people that have had blocks with all suppliers including talk talk so whoever you go with if you get blocked you may need to get a vpn.

If you have a decent supplier who knows what they're doing, shouldn't be a problem... However, it's always a cat and mouse game. The ISPs will probably find a way to block current work-arounds, and then another work around will be found...

Does anyone think the mobile providers will start blocking also, I use my hotspot and have unlimited data. It’s a good workaround if my vpn isn’t working ie speed meaning buffering on my iptv.

I believe it's just the big 8 ISP's that are subject to the court order to block IPTV. Not sure how that applies to Mobile networks, I would imaging EE would be affected with BT owning it

there are some decent IPTV providers that are not blocked during games, and if a block does occur they can get round it quickly on the server end.

Yeah I’ve got two separate providers one doesn’t get blocked and one does, I forgot 02 and EE block certain content. I suppose it’s just a matter of wait and see where it all ends up.

Based on my own experiences, I don't think ISP's are blocking anything. Now, I know that this will not go down well, but it's tough I suppose.

I went through issue after issue after issue with my IPTV being blocked every time Prem League was on, I blamed my ISP over and over and they refused to accept fault, my IPTV provider refused to admit fault time and time again, constantly telling me there are xxx thousands of people working, the fault is you, it's not us etc etc etc.

In the end, my provider cancelled my service and gave me a refund as apparently I had been bad mouthing them on TechkIngs, yeah I was, cos their service was awful and I stand by that, there are too many providers who refuse to admit fault, sending me an e-mail saying 5000 people are watching IPTV, so the problem is at your end is not an answer.

So, explain this. How come ever since my IPTV was cancelled, I have switched to a free Kodi add-on and for the past 6 weeks I have watch Prem League every weekend, no blocks, no buffering, just perfect streams, no VPN either????

Just to test this, I got 3 free IPTV trials this past weekend, 2 of them went off when the football came on, 1 of them worked worked, but buffered like hell.

I switched back to a 'free' Kodi add-on and it worked perfectly.

So, how is this not the fault of the IPTV provider? How is this my fault?

Bottom line is 90% of IPTV providers are truly awful and just won't admit it. If all you want IPTV for is football like me, just use a free Kodi add-on.

I know people are going to reply and say Kodi is crap, it doesn't work, wait until a big match comes on etc etc etc.

Weird, Man U v Barcelona is a pretty big match and I had 0 buffers/break-ups.
ISP ARE blocking providers when they can, a good provider will have work arounds, I dare say, not knowing the provider in question, if you put a vpn on your box then said provider would have worked, which would prove his server is blocked by the ISP, it also proves that he has been unable to avoid the block or get around it.

Back