Had mine this morning (AZ).
Piece of cake, had my work t-shirt on for jab and someone came up to me for a quote to refurb their headstone.
A good morning all round (y)
Quick update.
had my jab on Tuesday felt OK all day, just tired yesterday and the area where the needle went in feels like a sore big zit today.
Basically no side effects

I had my first one on Jan 25th, AZ, having second one on 8th Feb, looking forward to having it done and out the way, had. No problems with the first one, bit of a sore arm if anything

I had my first jab (our wonderful Oxford AstraZeneca) last week and the only side effects were a metallic taste in my mouth and a sore arm the next day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching the Astrazenica briefing today! I don't know if I'm a hypochondriac? But I think I had all the symptoms after the first jab!
I have the second one on Saturday!
Still going as the risk outweighs the other probability!

I had the Astra Zenica last week. The following day I was out..had nearly all the symptoms of COVID which I had back in November. Lasted a day and back to normal apart from sore arm that went a few days later. Got 2nd dose booked for June.

Hiya,So I got the Oxford vaccine 2 weeks ago,I was told it would be painless and shouldn’t have any reaction,maybe a slight headache. So hopefully someone out there finds this very helpful if THIS happened to them. So in I goes met by a very nice lady who asked my address etc,then gave me the Oxford AstraZeneca jab,which I thought was painless. Nooooo,I’ve had a heck of a lot of injections throughout my life travelling around but for some reason found this very brief jab painful,next day my arm was really sore,but to be expected and a friend said it would take 4 days to go away,as sure as god the fourth day the pain left,no headache. Fine,THEN exactly on the 8 day I could hardly walk on my left leg,now I run EVERY day and can beat my 12 year old son in a 100 metre sprint so think I’m pretty fit right,Nooooo this leg is in agony,in at the back of the knee up the back of the thigh and down the outside of the leg to the ankle,pure living hell it was,and was 99% sure that’s a blood clot. All the family were like phone 101 or get to the doctors today,but I’d a feeling that this was that vaccine reacting in the blood,so I said if there was no change in a week I’d go to the doc,as I new he’d send me straight to hospital for a dye test,that’s what they do inject dye into the blood that goes from the brain to the big toe and a clot would be like a marble if it was found,so I just took painkillers that had little to brief effect,paracetamol etc,then I found a can of FREEZE SPRAY in the drawer and blasted behind the knee with that,I don’t know what’s in freeze spray but there must be some kind of muscle soothing in it,for after 30 seconds the pain was almost gone,I couldn’t believe it,here was I sitting at 4 am drinking cups of tea in the dark as I couldn’t sleep for the pure hell I was in. I just applied the spray ( £1 a can ) from the pound shops + supermarket 3 times a day along with paracetamol and now I’m into my 7 th. day and it’s almo gone,I’ve a slight ache but I walk half a mile each day to keep the blood moving and that helps a heck of a lot kill the pain.Now unbelievably enough a relation took the exact same symptoms as I had with the Oxford jag but went to the doctor who prescribed tablets and won’t give her anymore,but she told me last night” dam the bit I’m going to face him tomorrow morning he’s not leaving me in a state like this,as she’s very angry how she’s been left,as before the jag she was like me 100% fine. So I told her what I’d done and it fixed it,so she’ll go to the doctor today and I’ll let you know a brief how it went,but anyway that’s how I found my own cure, so hopefully some poor soul will find some comfort maybe,now they say the second jab is worse,so I’ll get it,but not looking forward to it at all,not one jot. Yesterday I went to Poundland and bought 3 cans of freeze spray just to be ready,paracetamol are on sale beside it at £1 a box too. So as I say that’s how I got over it,a pure living hell it was,never had anything like it,as I say hopefully this will help any suffering your bound to have .......C

Hiya,So I got the Oxford vaccine 2 weeks ago,I was told it would be painless and shouldn’t have any reaction,maybe a slight headache. So hopefully someone out there finds this very helpful if THIS happened to them. So in I goes met by a very nice lady who asked my address etc,then gave me the Oxford AstraZeneca jab,which I thought was painless. Nooooo,I’ve had a heck of a lot of injections throughout my life travelling around but for some reason found this very brief jab painful,next day my arm was really sore,but to be expected and a friend said it would take 4 days to go away,as sure as god the fourth day the pain left,no headache. Fine,THEN exactly on the 8 day I could hardly walk on my left leg,now I run EVERY day and can beat my 12 year old son in a 100 metre sprint so think I’m pretty fit right,Nooooo this leg is in agony,in at the back of the knee up the back of the thigh and down the outside of the leg to the ankle,pure living hell it was,and was 99% sure that’s a blood clot. All the family were like phone 101 or get to the doctors today,but I’d a feeling that this was that vaccine reacting in the blood,so I said if there was no change in a week I’d go to the doc,as I new he’d send me straight to hospital for a dye test,that’s what they do inject dye into the blood that goes from the brain to the big toe and a clot would be like a marble if it was found,so I just took painkillers that had little to brief effect,paracetamol etc,then I found a can of FREEZE SPRAY in the drawer and blasted behind the knee with that,I don’t know what’s in freeze spray but there must be some kind of muscle soothing in it,for after 30 seconds the pain was almost gone,I couldn’t believe it,here was I sitting at 4 am drinking cups of tea in the dark as I couldn’t sleep for the pure hell I was in. I just applied the spray ( £1 a can ) from the pound shops + supermarket 3 times a day along with paracetamol and now I’m into my 7 th. day and it’s almo gone,I’ve a slight ache but I walk half a mile each day to keep the blood moving and that helps a heck of a lot kill the pain.Now unbelievably enough a relation took the exact same symptoms as I had with the Oxford jag but went to the doctor who prescribed tablets and won’t give her anymore,but she told me last night” dam the bit I’m going to face him tomorrow morning he’s not leaving me in a state like this,as she’s very angry how she’s been left,as before the jag she was like me 100% fine. So I told her what I’d done and it fixed it,so she’ll go to the doctor today and I’ll let you know a brief how it went,but anyway that’s how I found my own cure, so hopefully some poor soul will find some comfort maybe,now they say the second jab is worse,so I’ll get it,but not looking forward to it at all,not one jot. Yesterday I went to Poundland and bought 3 cans of freeze spray just to be ready,paracetamol are on sale beside it at £1 a box too. So as I say that’s how I got over it,a pure living hell it was,never had anything like it,as I say hopefully this will help any suffering your bound to have .......C
Me and the present Mrs Toddy got swelling around the knee area, she had pain I didn't! I phoned doc and he said just rest it! Went down in a couple of days, we are getting second jabs tomorrow, which I know is the right thing to do! We are in the older age bracket and don't want to end up on a ventilator!

Me and the Missus had our second Pfizer jab yesterday, after we had the first on 23rd Jan.
Both had sore arms all yesterday, that have almost gone now. The same happened for the
first jab.
We are both participating in the Office of National Statistics survey - a nurse comes and
takes swabs and bloods once a month. We get a letter 14 days later with the results. The
strange thing is, since the first jab, she’s had 2 positive results for antibodies, I’ve had
2 negative results. Go figure,

Had my first dose 18th January quite poorly with it only for a day it was Pfizer, had an headache that was like someone pounding on my head felt neausias. Mine and wife's 2nd jab due Sunday 18th April.

Me and the Missus had our second Pfizer jab yesterday, after we had the first on 23rd Jan.
Both had sore arms all yesterday, that have almost gone now. The same happened for the
first jab.
We are both participating in the Office of National Statistics survey - a nurse comes and
takes swabs and bloods once a month. We get a letter 14 days later with the results. The
strange thing is, since the first jab, she’s had 2 positive results for antibodies, I’ve had
2 negative results. Go figure,
Another negative antibodies test just arrived. I’m getting worried.

Another negative antibodies test just arrived. I’m getting worried.
Some info here:

Can antibody tests tell you if a COVID-19 vaccine worked?

I wouldn't worry too much about it, I had 2 lots of vaccines for Hepatitis B & C and never did develop antibodies.
Maybe it means you have natural immunity and didn't produce antibodies because you don't develop any symptoms from it.

Majority of population likely has pre-existing immunity to SARS-CoV-2, claim researchers

As a follow on to my last post on a relation who had a bad reaction to the Oxford jag,the doctor gave her more tablets for a week,different tablets this time,she bought the ice spray bud said It didn’t have any effect at at all,I suspect she didn’t keep it on the sore point long enough,as you have to really blast it ,until it starts to almost hurt,not just a two second wiff ,give it a good long blast to get the full effect as the same as the football players get

Back