Kryptview A780 not picking up transponders

Thanks for the video link Cacti, the unit does not find the town or city. This is what I did, got a frequency from kv a850 insert it in kv a780, goes on to find 72 TP,S but when I factory default it, it revert back to 10 or 11 tp's. strange!!!! Phoenix a850 is ok, I suppose a780 can't handle the change's, had a good run though!!!!!!

Stop defaulting your box as you are removing the good info,thats why you cant get new location as you removed it,insert again and rescan again without factory reset.

Stop defaulting your box as you are removing the good info,thats why you cant get new location as you removed it,insert again and rescan again without factory reset.
If i just auto scan, , it dose not find the missing channels, ie sony, zee cinema, sony Max. If i factory default it, i don't get anything at all.

Input your frequency from the 850 box into the 780 as you said you had 72 tps on a scan as it sees your new tp,but when you factory reset you lose it.Scart leads will only give sd but 850 has hdmi so hd channels.

im having same problem with a780 on vm telewest westmidlands dy6 box froze had to reset just goes back to installation screen

Kryptview going to automatic search and then not picking up tps on search any fix for this pls thanks in advance
And how do add missing info if I have to

All sorted now

Last edited:
Hi
Do this
Go to manual scan , then put your area at top eg telewest or whoever you put before. Go down to qam at bottom and change it to 256 then scan as it scans don't touch remote . If it finds some chanels . Press exit then auto scan like you did before your area shold come up .the only thing to change is qam from 64 to 256

Hi I'm on ex c&w at work at moment so can't try above yet as anyone tried mine did same last night tyres rescan not finding any tps then just says finished back to scan screen .

Working now thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can find a working vm box tp and frequency and provider can be checked to see if they changed in your area?

Hi Damien
Qam is on manual scan screen . If your box goes straight to auto scan screen press menu to get manual screen.

Last edited:
Yeah Matt put new net ID in from vermin box also changed qam to 256 no joy, how long should scan take? hanging on 4 0’s

When you auto scan does it say already exists and goes back to auto scan screen.
Make sure you Got latest firmware . Default reset your box .turn off plug for a minute . Get to manual scan then put your provider mine is 4 telepest the next box down is tps leave it on 1 then change qam to 256 . If it finds channels exit when finished then auto scan . If it fails to find anything change the tp to number 2 then scan on that one with provider and qam 256

Back