LATEST UPDATED E2IPLAYER IPK

Never use it myself but loads do and this is the updated version from today .
yes i was using version before the one you posted but you had to download ipk to get latest version but panda555 posted info else where on how to update that version using maxbambi git server another point if you do software update your new version will be downgraded to the on on feeds so I used
opkg flag hold enigma2-plugin-extensions-e2iplayer. I know a lot of people don't do software update but I do, I always make full backup first just incase :laughing:

It's not the same one posted by @urie on Wednesday?
Moshibeth's that is by same person but is latest version

Should not need to update this for weeks unless the feeds go down and loads of new on there so monthly should be fine.

Correct I had been using version from march untill last week and it was working just not as many hosts

Correct I had been using version from march untill last week and it was working just not as many hosts
With the members they will never even try for the updates (fact) just pure lazy and expect everything done for them
You will find its easier just to post a new updated ipk file every 2 months because people just can not be bothered making any effort to self update it. (shame) as only a couple of settings

Last edited:
My bad so e2iplayer is latest one.

Seems good its been updated again less issues then.
Come on now its not rocket science is it. Uninstall any version on your box and restart GUi to fully remove. Ftp the attached IPK in post 1 to tmp folder and install on the box (job done) to self update change the setting as below.

Thanks to urie for the change settings guide below (y)
Self updating option

The preferred update server = Gitlab
Select Gitlab repository owner = maxbambi
Update packet type = with source code
Use the PyCurl for HTTP(S) requests = yes.

e2iplayer.jpg

LikeReply
Select for moderation

Wonder if the latest version which is being updated regularly could be updated with grog's builds and other builds also?
This build is not on feeds if you want to update it you either need to download new version or change settings as posted. if you do a software update on your box it will get overwritten with the old one in feeds so you need to opkg flag hold enigma2-plugin-extensions-e2iplayer to stop that

Havent had e2istream for long time mate.

Removed it some time ago due to issues with crashes etc.

Maybe good for those using it but too many problems on my end.

e2iplayer latest version may be different though.
You will have no issues with this. Go into usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions and delete anything that says IPTVPlayer (Restart GUI) and install ipk from post 1. When removing plugins via the box sometimes they do not fully uninstall but this method does. Post here channelking if struggling (y)

Csn see another 1001 posts how do I do this that and other.
If people don't feel comfortable doing it the way mentioned just download the ipk onto USB, put usb with ipk on USB port on box and follow onscreen instructions, then setup accordingly to what's been posted.

Last edited:
Its good to have lots of options for movies and series again, it would be good if it was in grogbuild freerange instead of the E2i stream, it would help lots of people as there are a few who cant get the E2iplayer to work.

do you mind if I pinch your ipk to stick in my build when I do my next update? emoji_clapemoji_clap
I think these are the settings for settings file

Code:
config.plugins.iptvplayer.preferredupdateserver=2
config.plugins.iptvplayer.gitlab_repo=maxbambi
config.plugins.iptvplayer.possibleUpdateType=sourcecode

I would also install the debs ipk but check if they have the dependencies are in the control file on e2iplayer ipk

do you mind if I pinch your ipk to stick in my build when I do my next update? emoji_clapemoji_clap
Crack on greg (y) Glad to help also i am setting up kodilite as lots of new hosts to use so maybe worth having. Hit and miss on enigma 2 is that one so trial and error on a lot of it. Trying to mill up this little tree branch in between it all :unsure::unsure: Heavy going even using my big gun chainsaws.

18181638-6804-4313-96D7-AF4D9F3FB2B7.thumb.jpeg.0ab7bb4c1788ae3e78ac575d39d5918b.jpg

Back