LG oled55c8pla with Satellite Tuner

I have a LG oled55c8pla with an inbuilt Satellite tuner but is a modern HD freesat box better for quality of picture?

Hard to say if you dont have both.

I'll stick my neck though and say no due to the LG having a tuner on board and processing it itself.

When are you not happy with the PIC quality of say the HD channels provided by the onboard tuner ?

Must tvs that come with the sattalite connection is mainly for soarview my Samsung had and scanned and they layout was awful and channels wasn't listed correctly.
The pic quality was decent but tbh you probably would be better with a box

Box is better for tv channels , i did like the picture quality but when looking for a channel it took ages to find it.

Box has more control over what you want to see and do.

I thought UK tvs were Freeview built in ?

Irish tv for Saorview which are both Aerial use and not sat.

I could have saved money by not going for a triple tuner tv.

Hard to say if you dont have both.

I'll stick my neck though and say no due to the LG having a tuner on board and processing it itself.

When are you not happy with the PIC quality of say the HD channels provided by the onboard tuner ?
I live in Spain and we have a 2.4 community satellite dish, and the picture quality on ITV Channel 103 or 111 is in SD with my UK postal code, but if I change postal codes to somewhere other than London then 103 works in HD but I lose Channel 104.
I also have an iPTV box and the picture quality is HD on every channel

Box is better for tv channels , i did like the picture quality but when looking for a channel it took ages to find it.

Box has more control over what you want to see and do.

I thought UK tvs were Freeview built in ?

Irish tv for Saorview which are both Aerial use and not sat.

I could have saved money by not going for a triple tuner tv.
My TV has Freeview and a Satellite tuner, but living in Spain through the aerial I only get Spanish TV, so am connected to a community Satellite dish set to 28.2E

Going by your other thread, I guess you are asking if the tuner is more sensitive. There are always some differences. You can't tell unless you have both and they give accurate readings.

Going by your other thread, I guess you are asking if the tuner is more sensitive. There are always some differences. You can't tell unless you have both and they give accurate readings.
I have an old Humax Foxsat HD box that still works and have just tried it with the same result poor ITV London HD quality (its only in SD, although I thought SD had stopped being transmitted) and changing the postcode to another ITV region 103 works in HD but I still lose channel 104, I guess the next step is to check the community satellite alignment as it could be a fraction out I guess

Maybe. However, it might not be out of alignment. Some channels were put on the UK spot beam so they aren't received outside of the UK.

It is important to distinguish between picture quality and signal quality. If you are not getting sufficient signal, you will get picture breakup or certain segments of it freeze until it catches up.

Not all ITV SD channels are closing. You will probably have to make your own channel/favourite list with the viewable HD channels. Hopefully your equipment allows you to do this

Maybe. However, it might not be out of alignment. Some channels were put on the UK spot beam so they aren't received outside of the UK.

It is important to distinguish between picture quality and signal quality. If you are not getting sufficient signal, you will get picture breakup or certain segments of it freeze until it catches up.

Not all ITV SD channels are closing. You will probably have to make your own channel/favourite list with the viewable HD channels. Hopefully your equipment allows you to do this
Yes I can tune in non-freesat mode and then I have to use a non London region UK postcode and ITV is working in HD just cannot get my regional programmes but as I don't live in the UK it's not that important.

Just a quick update
I connected my old Freesat HD box and running it alongside my LG TV I have found that the set top box actually connects to more freesat channels than my TV using the same postcode. Hence wondering if I bought a newer Freesat HD box would its tuner be better than my TV?

Back