Cable Lime green screen

Watching recording last night on h7c and screen suddenly turned lime green. Nothing I could do to get around it.
Not the tv as other sources normal. Has anyone found a cause for this, or like me, rebooted and back to normal?
GOP

There will be a crashlog generated. It will tell you what the fault is. Log will be stored in /home/root/logs by default if you are using OpenATV

@pablo
the recording wouldn’t stop via the remote or webinfo so I couldn’t tell.
I switched to my fire stick which was normal.
I rebooted and everything worked perfectly.

Had a further episode last night. Finished watching one recording, started another. Box froze, unresponsive to anything.
waited until all schedule recordings well over, then switched off box, After switching on again, box acted as normal.
Please can anyone peruse attached logs and comment?
GOP

Attachments

• H7Clogs.zip
    339.7 KB · Views: 7
There are a lot of messages 'CANNOT DECODE HUFFMAN DATA'

It might be something to do with your epg.
What image are you using and what do you use for downloading epg?

Is epg.dat set to save to the hdd or internal flash?

@willo. Thanks for your reply.
I updated image to VIX 6.11 yesterday morning to see if problems would go away.
I assume you mean Sat epg population. I’ll look at that when I get home.
whats a quick way to find out?
GOP

MENU > SETUP > EPG
Make sure epg.dat is saving to hdd rather than internal flash and see which plugin is being used to download epg.
There is also an option to delete epg.dat cache in case it's corrupted.

Check your settings in here to see who and where fromLikeepg4.jpg

Like crossEPG
EPG refresh
EPG Importer
Would need to see where your trying to get services from

Those are the inbuilt EPG reader options. They do not show what or how you are using to obtain the EPG.

From your logs, you are using the OpenTV EPG downloader.

< 33.5098> [opentv_zapper] starting...
< 33.5105> [opentv_zapper] first download scheduled for Wed 19 Oct 2022 07:42:25 BST

< 333.5110> [opentv_zapper] start_download.
< 333.5136> [opentv_zapper]currentlyPlayingNIM 1
< 333.5140> [opentv_zapper]available tuners [0]
< 333.5143> [Navigation] recording service: 1:0:1:105D:7D4:2:11A0000:0:0:0:

The advice is to disable the Freesat EPG reader when you are using the OpenTV EPG reader to avoid a clash.
With regards to the Huffman conversion errors, there were a few recent commits on utf conversion, you will probably have to wait until 6.2 013 for them. I am not sure if they made it into 6.1 012. Might not be related.

However, you issue seems to be when playing back movies and stopping, so not directly related with EPG. Not many people use Timeshift automated, and it varies based on device drivers, so that is an added complication.

P.S, for taking screenshots and not having to worry about reflections from the TV when taking pictures, see here:
Taking screen shots and uploading attachments to the forum

Back