Losing Bouquets on Restart

mw1892

The bouquets and epg on my H2S come from a variety of sources. I use crossepg for satellite, e-channelizer for sly IPTV and epgimport/iptv sub provider scripts for all other IPTV. I spent some considerable time setting the epg up exactly how I wanted, this involved renaming certain bouquets, deleting others and purging, and re-ordering.

The results were great, exactly how I wanted it to look. However, from this point there is a problem. When I restart my H2S the following happens;
  • All satellite bouquets do not appear (apart from wooshbuild)
  • All E-Channelizer bouquets do not appear
  • Only 3 of approx. 7 IPTV bouquets appear
  • Of the above, the bouquets which do appear and were previously renamed, display as original name.
  • Also of the above, IPTV bouquets which I deleted and purged, are displayed.
I've seen this issue in the past but never bothered to look in to a solution, rather just re-flashed to last working image. Thought it was about time I tried again.

I connected to the h2s via SFTP and had a look at files within etc/enigma2. What I noticed was the majority of my bouquets had .del extensions. In addition, userbouquet.favourite.tv is missing most of my bouquets.

Next, I go to the favourites menu on the zgemma and despite purging all deleted bouquets prior to rebooting, I have the option to restore deleted bouquets. Once I do this, all satellite, e-channelizer and iptv provider bouquets return. Not in the right order, mind, nor have they retained the names I renamed them to.

Now I can rename and reorder the bouquets and restart the h2s and everything starts back up again as it should. However, if I delete any unwanted bouquets and restart, I lose them all over again.

My suspicion is that the issue is triggered by my IPTV providers scripts or epgimport during system start-up.

Has anyone else seen this issue, and would be willing to assist in working on a solution?

If your using a script from F , i think it messes up the box when editing bouquets

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

If you want your own setup best not using the script and do it all manually via echannelizer a pain but your only option it does say in the guide the script isnt for people that want to mess around with bouquets

If you want your own setup best not using the script and do it all manually via echannelizer a pain but your only option it does say in the guide the script isnt for people that want to mess around with bouquets

Can the scripts be removed after first run? Or do they have to run every time the box restarts?

Can the scripts be removed after first run? Or do they have to run every time the box restarts?
Depends I have mine the original script was ran in putty that downloads about 30 individual scripts and not all scripts are in the same place, you could try removing them to see if it works

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Depends I have mine the original script was ran in putty that downloads about 30 individual scripts and not all scripts are in the same place, you could try removing them to see if it works

I'll backup the box tonight and then remove the scripts. I'll feedback the results. Thanks mate. Do those individual scripts re-run on every restart of the box?

I'll backup the box tonight and then remove the scripts. I'll feedback the results. Thanks mate. Do those individual scripts re-run on every restart of the box?
By the looks of it yes but there must be a prescript.sh telling them to run on boot somewhere

The bouquets and epg on my H2S come from a variety of sources. I use crossepg for satellite, e-channelizer for sly IPTV and epgimport/iptv sub provider scripts for all other IPTV. I spent some considerable time setting the epg up exactly how I wanted, this involved renaming certain bouquets, deleting others and purging, and re-ordering.

The results were great, exactly how I wanted it to look. However, from this point there is a problem. When I restart my H2S the following happens;
  • All satellite bouquets do not appear (apart from wooshbuild)
  • All E-Channelizer bouquets do not appear
  • Only 3 of approx. 7 IPTV bouquets appear
  • Of the above, the bouquets which do appear and were previously renamed, display as original name.
  • Also of the above, IPTV bouquets which I deleted and purged, are displayed.
I've seen this issue in the past but never bothered to look in to a solution, rather just re-flashed to last working image. Thought it was about time I tried again.

I connected to the h2s via SFTP and had a look at files within etc/enigma2. What I noticed was the majority of my bouquets had .del extensions. In addition, userbouquet.favourite.tv is missing most of my bouquets.

Next, I go to the favourites menu on the zgemma and despite purging all deleted bouquets prior to rebooting, I have the option to restore deleted bouquets. Once I do this, all satellite, e-channelizer and iptv provider bouquets return. Not in the right order, mind, nor have they retained the names I renamed them to.

Now I can rename and reorder the bouquets and restart the h2s and everything starts back up again as it should. However, if I delete any unwanted bouquets and restart, I lose them all over again.

My suspicion is that the issue is triggered by my IPTV providers scripts or epgimport during system start-up.

Has anyone else seen this issue, and would be willing to assist in working on a solution?

I get exactly the same problem. My provider suggested to leave the bouquets exactly as they come across, do nothing to them. I will try this tonight. But if that is the solution my bouquets are gonna be so untidy with lots i dont want!

Ive tried disabling ABe2 but that didnt work.
Someone on here said to remove ABe2 and install ABM instead which solved his issue?!
But like you say, i think its a combo of messing around with the bouquets and summin to do with epgimporter?

Im gonna run my box without doing anything to the script bouquets and see after a number of reboots whether they remain or not. will report back...

By the looks of it yes but there must be a prescript.sh telling them to run on boot somewhere
Indeed there is. It lives in usr/bin and is called enigma2_pre_start.sh
Basicly all it does is call all the scripts stored in etc/enigma2 to run while the box is booting up from a restart or restart gui

Indeed there is. It lives in usr/bin and is called enigma2_pre_start.sh
Basicly all it does is call all the scripts stored in etc/enigma2 to run while the box is booting up from a restart or restart gui
Cheers I haven't fully looked into it as mine is fine just when I need to release image backups I just find it easier to reflash and not restore settings.

I was playing around with my build again last night and was editing/removing the IPTV bouquets I didn't want (the vod ones). As well as removing the bouquets you need to remove the script that matches that bouquet too or it will try to download it again on reboot and I believe that is what can then cause issues with other bouquets going missing. I have been looking into why this is happening but still not sure yet. I think it has something to do with the bouquets.TV file being wiped / messed up.
I got quite far into testing last night but the wife was due home so stuck wooshbuild back on my box but forgot to backup first lol so will have to start again from fresh later

This is where I find abm best you can simply hide them rather than deleting and messing up the bouquets

Does that not still download them all on startup?
The reason I was removing the vod stuff from the v2 script is my internet don't seem to like 44 scripts all running at the same time to update the bouquets so when I reboot I end up with loads listed as n/a.
The v1 script works fine so I kinda guessed reducing the amount of scripts that ran at startup would solve this (which it did). I got some spare time this afternoon so will play again and see what I come up with

Does that not still download them all on startup?

Yes it still downloads them on startup so you would need to rerun abm after boot.

The reason I was removing the vod stuff from the v2 script is my internet don't seem to like 44 scripts all running at the same time to update the bouquets so when I reboot I end up with loads listed as n/a.
The v1 script works fine so I kinda guessed reducing the amount of scripts that ran at startup would solve this (which it did). I got some spare time this afternoon so will play again and see what I come up with

Odd you mention that because it sometimes happens to me but a reboot sorts it, maybe best make a post about it on there FB group. Im thinking about going back to the v1 script but wasn't shore if the channels will still be updated.

I spent a good 2 hrs with the guy who does the upkeep on the scripts trying to solve it and we both ended up confused lol.
He told me the v1 bouquets are still getting updated and will continue to be too. The only thing the v1 don't have which the v2 does is the USA/ca documentaries but that's not something I would really use and on the off chance I did want to watch something on that I could use perfect player on my android tv

Thanks chaps for the input, I think my solution is to hide the iptv bouquets I don't want rather than deleting or would they just reappear when I reboot?

The script files that correspond to the bouquets are numbered right? And the bouquets r named so thought hiding them be easier?!

I'm running wooshbuild v5.3 which comes with ABe2 but can I uninstall this via remove plugins then add ABM from where? In extensions or systemplugins maybe?

Thanks....jj

I removed ABe2 and installed ABM and found you can manage the bouquets and place in any order, remove(hide) the ones you don't want and they will all stay in the same place when restarted. I've done the same and hidden VOD aswell as US documentaries/Kids etc.

I looked through all of the settings files whilst running ABe2 and couldn't find what was causing it however, interestingly when I swapped to use ABM i did a restart straight away and that populated a 'keep bouquets line' in the settings file within etc\enigma2 and had the 3 or 4 random bouquets - VOD / TV IPTV (Not sure which ones it was) so it must have been taking the information from somewhere and had transferred it across to do the same with ABM the first time. If you then choose to NOT keep all non ABM bouquets and then use the keep/hide bouquets screen to hide the ones you don't want. Then if you go to a channel and press down? then blue to get onto favourites, press menu and enable move mode you can put them in the order you wish and they do stay.

I'm just starting to look at copying some of the IPTV streams across to the all channels bouquets to replace the lost transponders channels through echannelizer which is also very similar to do and gives the bonus of being able to use 406 for SSN for example but obviously if ABM runs everyday it removes that each time

Back